1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Was Deion more dominant in Dallas, Atl or San Fran

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wood, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

999 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Deion may have been the best cover guy ever but no way he is the best CB of all time. Too many people get caught up in the show but he had some really good players next to him to cover his weakness.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    which was? He played great no matter what team he was on including at the time a pretty lowly Alt team.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,675 Messages
    9,902 Likes Received
    I think he was equally dominant. One of the top 3 defensive players I've ever seen, IMO. The only CB I would ever covet on my team. A true freak of nature.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    CB's are irrelevant....keep up!
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,027 Messages
    1,250 Likes Received
    Deion was statistically his most dominate in Atlanta where he picked off 24 of his career high 53 int's. His rookie year in Atlanta he had over 1000 kick/punt return yards. He had over 1100 kick/punt return yards during his second season. In 1992 for Atlanta he had over 1000 kickoff return yards with 2 TD's. In the one season he played in SF he wasn't used on kickoff and punt returns but he made a huge impact at corner picking off 6 passes returning them for 303 yards and 3 TD's.
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,027 Messages
    1,250 Likes Received
    Deion had a lot of trouble with Irvin because he was a big, physical WR who would battle for the ball and Deion hated contact which is why he rarely made tackles. Darrell Green was another great corner who had problems with Irvin because of his size and physical nature.
    landroverking likes this.
  7. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

508 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Yes.

When Irvin suffered his career ending injury in that game Deon came in and played WR going all 3 positions.

And what a miserable game that was.

And we had smashed the Vikings in the opening round and we all thought the magic was still there.

That game was just the worst.

Truly..

I'm not sure we ever have recovered as a Franchise.

It was like Cinderella at the Ball and the clock struck 12.
    Carharris2 and landroverking like this.
  8. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

999 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Deion is a tool. Didn't like to tackle and didn't like to practice. Talented enough that he played on 2 already championship caliber teams. Otherwise he would have just been a cancer.
  9. BaybeeJay

BaybeeJay Active Member

448 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Marvin Harrison ended him.
  10. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,898 Messages
    627 Likes Received
    Did Deion ever "Shut Down" Irvin as a 49er or as a Falcon?
  11. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Damn I miss Deion......Nobody like him.
  12. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,553 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Everyone has an opinion on what makes greatness.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    Sure he did. Then he woke up.
    CowboyFan74 likes this.
  14. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,899 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    Exactly. It was tough rooting for him, but since he was a Cowboy you had to.

Deion was a boil on the backside of the Cowboys. Just a real POS as a person.
    big dog cowboy likes this.
  15. Doomsday101

78,471 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    BS he was not a big hitter true but he tackled and as far as practice again untrue I went to all the training camps when Deion was there and he was at practice. He had talent but he also studied his opponets and knew their weakness and things they would do to give away the routs they were running. People want to claim he was scared? Punt returners are not afraid of contract, as a WR he would run the slants people do not do that if they are scared of contact.
  16. Doomsday101

78,471 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    Me too, the guy did as asked be it defense, offense or special teams not a lot of players capable of doing that. He was a threat to take it to the house anytime he got his hands on the ball.
  17. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Looks like a stalemate. Irvin wouldn't go off every game and Prime wouldn't shut him down every game.