1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Was Ronald Reagan really that great?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Apr 30, 2004.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,802 Messages
    2,888 Likes Received
    CP conspiracies?
    Also what does that have to do with the Pro OR anti war camp?

Fact is you have done some of that type of stuff on other boards....I have seen it myself.

Nice way to shift the topic though :cool:
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That figures.
  3. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There were a lot of things going on that you didn't know about. I had moderators go in and edit my posts just to get people mad at me. But a lot of that is bridge under the water. For the most part, I get along great with the people over at the Ranch. As far as some of the other insiders like ArmyCowboy and CounterTrey, we have been duking it out for so long that, well how do I explain it, it just wouldn't be the same otherwise.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BREAKING NEWS: New book being released today

How to win friends and influence people on the internet.
    BY Coachparcells. :D
  5. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey list boys, JEM is no creation of CP's. If you want to find out more about JEM, go to the Austin 360 board. They'll tell you everything you need to know. I don't know CP from Adam but I happened to agree with his point, or actually more to the point, I disagreed with what the others were saying. JEM88 is Canadian and he is one of the most respected Cowboy voices around!
  6. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Correction: That should have read 'hey listen boys...' JEM is a genius and sometimes his thoughts get ahead of his typing.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

59,802 Messages
    2,888 Likes Received
    I already figured you were not the same...I did check the IPs (and realized not only were you two not in the same state...but not even the same country)....however it still does not change the fact that he has done that stuff in the past.
  8. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Damn right we're in a different country. JEM is Canadian and has never felt prouder. JEM could never live in a country with George Bush as his president. And don't take that as anti-American. Most of my favourite musicians, movie directors and even some of my favourite writers are American (not to mention my favourite football team.) But to have George Bush as my president would be more than I could handle.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

59,802 Messages
    2,888 Likes Received

We can all have our opinions...I have no problem with that at all.

But it is hard for me to trust those sneaky Canadians after they tried to pull that Canadian bacon thing to try and confuse the Americans :p
  10. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Michael Moore was responsible for the whole Canadian Bacon thing. JEM is on the left but is no fan of Michael Moore.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

59,802 Messages
    2,888 Likes Received
    BP notices that Jem likes to refer to himself in the third person...BP is not sure if he can trust Jem since he refers to himself in the third Person.

BP must monitor Jem closely to see if BP likes or dislikes Jem in the future.

So Jem be made aware that BP has told me that BP has Jem on his watch list....so sayeth BP.
  12. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received

JEM likes spicy chicken! :D
  13. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ....and dis here is Karl Malone signing off.
  14. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Jem is Herschel Walker!!!!
  15. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I got half way through the thread and had to go back to the beginning to see what the topic was in the beginning... :D

The entire retreat from the topic was a post I made calling CP pathetic. Now I don't mind being called the same on a bulletin board, but let the Bush thing go. We are speaking about the greatest modern President ever..not the most controversial elected President ever.

Reagan was great for keeping his promises and speaking the truth, even when it peeved the media, about the Communist USSR.

Now I can think of two promises Reagan didn't follow through on: Balancing the Federal Budget and stopping draft registration. Given that his policies on taxation and foreign policy dealing with the soviets brought about the end of the Cold War and the balancing of the Federal Budget nearly a decade later, I can overlook the fact he didn't come through on those two promises in his day...(well, never on draft registration)

But what he did in his time is incredible...Rebuilding the military to be superior to any in the world, lowering taxes and proving lower taxes actually increases receipts, branding the Soviets as 'liars and cheats,' scaring the beJesus out of the Iranians before taking office, thereby encouraging them to settle the hostage dispute with then President Carter, putting Libya and all terrorists on notice that F-ing with the US would lead to 'swift and effective retribution,' deregulating gas prices that eventually would lead to the lowest gas prices in modern times as well as the highest supplies of the same, developing economic policy that would help bring down interest rates from over 20% to under 7%, lowering inflation from double digits to below 3%, bringing down unemployment, which was on a tare to below 6% in his first term, leading with integrity and honor and honesty.....man I could go on all night.

Sure Reagan gave too much line to underlings, which led to Iran Contra, which I still believe he didn't know what was going on....and probably didn't want to know..but man, the Sandinistas fell in Nicaragua...democracy began to move all across the world.

The US was not well respected around the world before Reagan, but we damn sure were after he was elected and reelected. Rogue nations learned quickly that screwing with us was gonna get their ***** whipped....No more minning of the Persian Gulf by Iran, Libyian leader Khaddaffi would be nearly killed for sponsoring terrorism in Germany and the Med. Sea....

Reagan was a Godsend...not at all perfect, but the best we've seen in our lifetime.

GHW Bush was a joke by comparison, Clinton a sad and bad joke bringing dishonor to the office, and Dubya....well...I won't go there. Jimmy Carter was the only other worthy man in the past 40 years, but his leadership was woeful and his legacy nonexistent....Reagan's leagacy continues today and his impact lasts...the eternal optimist, a believer in good overcoming evil, a man of his word, and a leader of the world.

I didn't want to get into this, because there was so much Reagan did for the good of the world that I knew I would never be able to think of it all...I just looked at CP's dribblings and said....you're pathetic...not as a human, but as a predictable, 'I don't like the conservatives,' our country is the pits, the world is better than us, we are so bad....bla bla bla.....out of touch elitist liberal...

as for you jem, if it were not for Gore being so distasteful to his own home state of Tenn., you wouldn't have to beotch about Bush being President...Frankly, I couldn't give a rat's arse how a Canadian citizen feels about our leaders or if you'd 'live in a country' where someone you don't like is elected...you and Alec Baldwin can move to Europe or Canada....BABABAAAAA :D
  16. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Beautiful.....I was laughing my fanny off about that too!
    You'd think Jem was Hershel. :D
  17. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OMG! Great, Irving...that's priceless! :D
  18. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "the Sandinistas fell in Nicaragua...democracy began to move all across the world. " Ah you must be talking about those sterling examples of Democracy in El Salvador and Honduras!