1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Watch Us Lose The Division On The Last Game, Just Like Last Year.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,506 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    If the Giants lose a couple of games here with their hard schedule, the division is going to come down to us and the Skins.

Just like last year when we played the Giants in the last game in a winner take all scenario, I am starting to think the same thing may happen this year.

Last game of the year, on the road, against a division rival, winner takes the division and loser goes home. Man, it sure would suck to lose the division on the last game for the second year in a row.

Just food for though, of course this implys that we actually win a couple of games ourselves, not a guarantee by any stretch.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Anyone just see eyore?
  3. Beast_from_East

15,506 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    :confused:
  4. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,858 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  5. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Glad someone got it
  6. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

130 Messages
    10 Likes Received

We still have to face the Bengals, Steelers, and Saints...we might be irrelevant by the time that game comes around.
  7. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Or maybe not
  8. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,477 Messages
    196 Likes Received

How are we going to lose the division in week 17 with a 6-9 or 7-8 record?

The skins will have 9 wins by that time
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,128 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    I'd be stoked if we're playing for the NFCE title in week 17. And I'm not sure we'd lose, either.
  10. Beast_from_East

15,506 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received

Thats why I added "this implys we are going to have to wins some games ourselves" in my post.

If we lose to the Bengals, Steelers, and Saints its all a moot point.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,477 Messages
    196 Likes Received

I think you should have started this thread the sunday before christmas on 12/23 to see how we are situated then to know if we even in the playoff picture
  12. Beast_from_East

15,506 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    I am trying to think postive and giving us enough Ws for the game to mean something.
  13. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,246 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    And yet, someone still called you a pessimist. Gotta love CowboysZone......
  14. Beast_from_East

15,506 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received

Yea, I didnt get the Eore reference at all.

I guess since I was not predicting a SB run, the happy fans went and found an Eore pic to amuse themselves.

Go figure.:rolleyes:
  15. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,246 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    Forget about last year, I am still traumatized by the 2008 44-6 beat down we took with the division on the line. This was of course followed by Jerry's strong endorsement of Wade. But yeah, you know this is exactly what is going to happen. It just has to happen this way. We will win a few games we are supposed to lose, go into DC with the division on the line and get absolutely blasted. This is exactly what is going to happen. Its written in the cards, runes or some place like that. Forget all the doom and gloom about finishing 6-10. This scenario is infinitely worse and its exactly what is going to happen. :( :( :(
  16. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,538 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh1:
  17. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,225 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    The Cowboys will likely be out of it by the time they face Washington in the season finale just look at their schedule. The Cowboys are not playing very good football and haven't all season they'll have their work cut out for them just to win one more game the rest of the season. Washington on the other hand is hot having won 3 straight games and Baltimore is the only formidable opponent they have left.

If the Cowboys are some how able to hang in and the NFC East did come down to the season finale between them and Washington the Cowboys will get crushed! No team folds on the road in a do or die Dec/Jan game like the Cowboys. In their last 3 do or die Dec/Jan games on the road that were do or die for them and their opponent they've been destroyed.

They were humiliated in the season finale in 08 by Philly with a playoff birth on the line 44-6. in 09 they were leveled by Minn on the road in the playoffs 34-3 and they were beaten soundly by the Giants 31-14 in the season finale last year with the NFC East on the line. Washington is clearly making progress under RG3 and Alfred Morris their rookie RB.

They're going to be a very good team next year and while they're competing for the division title every season the Cowboys will be battling Philly for the basement every year unless Jerry snaps out of his idiocy and hires a real head coach before the team declines even more. The Cowboys are regressing while the Redskins are progressing their future looks a lot brighter than the future of the Cowboys. You can clearly see they're moving up while the Cowboys CONTINUE spinning their wheels. :mad:
  18. plastike

plastike Benched

259 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So the chances of us winning 3 of the next 4, then winning 4 straight to win the superbowl?

[IMG]
  19. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,750 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    I have a feeling if it comes down to that last game again. We will be ready and win it. You have to remember last year Romo was hurt with the wrist/hand injury, we had no Murray, Dez was still learning and we were just devastated by losing that first Giants game. The Giants has all the momentum after beating the Jets the week before and we had none.

Likely we would be on some roll or have momentum going into that Skins game. The Skins don't have nearly enough experience of winning a big game like the Giants and we would be presumably healthy going into that game. I like our chances in that game if it comes down to that.
  20. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,898 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    just suppose we won the next 3 games and somehow it came down to the Washington game for the division, you with me so far?

In your mind, what do you think our chances are we go into Washington and win? that wont be an easy win, frankly cause i think they are better than us right now, i cant see how our defense will be able to stop RGIII and company, we surely didnt stop them on thanksgiving day, and as evident last night the Giants had a very difficult time stopping them also.