1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Watch Us Lose The Division On The Last Game, Just Like Last Year.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,243 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Gotta beat them by scrapping the 1st half game plan and controlling the clock from the get go. Our offense has to sustain long drives and score.

Their defense isn't good. Their offense certainly gives us trouble, so keep it off the field.
  2. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

771 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I think it will happen.

Also to beat the redskins, you have to stop the run and force RG3 to throw every down.. with Shanahan's schemes that's really hard to do. Especially with no lee and Carter.
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    last year Miles loses the ball in the lights and we miss the playoffs. This year we will be Dez Bryant's finger tips away from the playoffs.
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,366 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    NOT A CHANCE! Washington is getting better and will be even better in week 17 than they were on Thanksgiving when they beat down the Cowboys. The rafters were shaking at FedEx field like at old RFK last night as Washington beat the Giants. RG3 has the Redskin fans in a frenzy! I haven't seen their fans that fired up since their SB years. Alfred Morris who ran for 113 yards against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and for 124 last night vs the Giants defense might put up 150+ on the Cowboys in the season finale if that game has the NFC East on the line. He's a powerful downhill runner that appears to be another great find by Shanahan who has a knack for finding great backs.

The feeling you have of the Cowboys winning that game is that of a hopeful FAN but trust me the Cowboys will get mauled by Washington if the NFC East is on the line. As fired up as the Redskin fans were last night I could only imagine how crazy that stadium that holds 80,000 fans will be if the NFC East is on the line vs the Cowboys in the season finale. :eek: The Cowboys would fold under that kind of pressure in a hostile environment like that the game wouldn't even be close. Mark my words!

The Cowboys lost 2 NFC championship games in Washington with Cowboy teams that were night and day better than this MEDIOCRE Cowboy team that couldn't even put more than 2 wins together this season. Washington has never had as talented a QB as RG3 this kid is the real deal and I'm convinced they'll eventually win a championship with him.
  5. KJJ

11,366 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Washington is much better than the Cowboys right now they're getting better every week they're peaking at just the right time. RG3 has that team and their fans excited and energized just look at their fans last night. They won a big game against a Giants team that completely dominated the Packers the week before. The Cowboys on the other hand were down by 11 points to a crappy Philly team Sunday night that was ridding a 7 game losing streak and had all their key players out. The Cowboys had to scratch and claw to win that game in the last 6 minutes.

I firmly believe the Cowboys will be mathematically done by the season finale they're far too mediocre a team to stay alive with the opponents they have coming up. It wouldn't surprise me if they lose out that's just how little I think of the way they're playing right now.
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    At this point, I'd be surprised if the Cowboys are still in a position to win the NFCE once that game is upon us.
  7. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I hope you're wrong.
  8. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,080 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    LOL at this guy trying to tell me how I feel. NO! The feeling I have is of a confident fan if the team is healthy. If you read all of my post instead of picking one part out you would have known this. The Redskins are very overconfident right now and for a team that doesn't have a lot of experience in this situation it won't be as difficult as you are making it out to be. Will it be easy? Of course not.

Also who cares about 2 NFC championship games that happened 30 years ago.
  9. mldardy

7,080 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    What happens if the Redskins lose this weekend. Will you come back on here and tell us how great the Redskins are? I doubt it. This is what I have to ask when people start proclaiming some team as getting better and better and hyping them up. Is when that team loses and doesn't fulfill your expectations will you own up to it? We'll see.
  10. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,648 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    never mind the Redskins. is there any evidence to suggest that the Cowboys are about to go on a run? we pulled out a late win against the supposedly pathetic Eagles. what else have we done lately besides lose big games?
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The ball was overthrown...he didn't lose the ball in the lights. Why does everyone keep saying this? Go youtube the play.
  12. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I bent the truth to lend itself to irony....
  13. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    Lets just worry about the Bengals for right now. The Redskins are a lifetime away at this point.
  14. KJJ

11,366 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    I own up to anything I say on here once you post something it's on record. I'm not saying Washington has a great team and will win next week. Where did I say they would win next week? I'm saying they're a better team than the Cowboys are right now and will beat them in the season finale if the NFC East is on the line. Washington is getting better you can clearly see it. They went from losing 3 straight games to winning 3 straight including a big win over the Giants last night.

They beat a Giants team that killed the Packers 38-10 a week ago. The Packers were riding a 5 game winning streak when the Giants mauled them. Are you going to deny the Redskins aren't playing good right now and are playing better football than the Cowboys?
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,176 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    I think you are overestimating that Redskins team, KJ.

That is not to say anything one way or the other about the Cowboys. Just saying those Skins are very beatable.
    They do have a pretty good schedule going forward though. The too toughest games for them are at home and both very winnable.
  16. mldardy

7,080 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    I don't know about the Cowboys. We'll see. They are going to have to if they want to make the playoffs. We don't know about the Redskins either. This is new territory for them. The one thing I don't care about is how close of a win it was to beat the Eagles. All I care about is that it was a win. Sometimes a team just needs to win to get that feeling again. I'm almost glad that the game was close and wasn't easy for the cowboys. That would give them that false sense. One thing about this team is that they don't quit and that is something we haven't seen from past Cowboy teams. Even in the two blowout games against the Bears and Seahawks they tried to do things but either they didn't work or they made mistakes like turning the ball over but they kept trying to get back into those games.
  17. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,516 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    KJJ is right though, he's not saying that the Redskins are some juggernaut of a team, he is saying that their arrow is pointing up and that they are playing good football right now, the same cannot be said about the Cowboys. As it stands right now, Washington is playing better football than Dallas and if it comes down to a division title in that last game, I have a hard time believing the Cowboys will win that game in that environment.
  18. mldardy

7,080 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    This right here is a product of the league. One game doesn't link to another game. And your example is perfect. The Giants looked great against Green Bay but not quite the same against Washington. Washington has looked very good the last 3 weeks but that could change this Sunday.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,527 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    I swear some here are scared of their own shadows. They want us to win but are constantly afraid that we will get to the last game and lose so deep down they would prefer we lose before that game.

What kind of a way is that to be a fan?
  20. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,317 Messages
    4,211 Likes Received
    I'm not certain RG will stay healthy. He suffers the same risks all QBs do when they become a runner. The Skins are 6-6 for a reason. RG is still a rookie.

We are vulnerable on D right now especially having to play a mobile QB.

The Giants secondary is worse off than we are.

It's anyone's guess who wins the East this year.