1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Watch Us Lose The Division On The Last Game, Just Like Last Year.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Dec 4, 2012.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    as fans, we can talk about any team we want, makes no difference who we focus on, as long as the players are only worrying about the Bengals, all is good
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    You posted a gif of Dauterive good on you
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I feel sure that RG3 is going to have concussion issues very early in his career unless something changes soon.
    It may not happen this season, but with those hits he's taking, it is only a matter of time.

I wish he didn't play for Washington, b/c I've always been a fan of his.
  4. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    thats just it...its hard not to like the kid, but geeze he's a Redskin.
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,872 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    My prediction of the Cowboys losing in the season finale in Washington if the NFC East is on the line is based more on how little I think of the Cowboys play thus far this season and their recent history in do or die games on the road than it is on how good I think the Redskins are. Washington is far from a great team but they're improving and playing good football at a time when you need to be playing your best football to make the playoffs plus RG3 has their team and fans excited.

Just look at how far Denver got last season with a QB like Tebow who's not even half the QB RG3 is. When a player can get a team and a fan base that excited it can carry them a long way. Confidence and believing you can win is a big part of being successful in Dec. Washington looks like a confident team who believes and the Cowboys look like a team that's just trying to hang on like they usually do this time of year.
  6. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IF that does happen we better pray the Redskins don't do anything in the post-season, because if they go on a run Jerry will have all the reason in the world to think the Cowboys are on the right track and no changes need to be made.

I hope the Division title is decided at the end of the season against the Redskins. I wouldn't want it any other way. Win or Lose. that's what I want to see.
  7. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,448 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Yes, they don't quit, but on the other hand they usually don't start playing until the 2nd half. If we beat the Bengals...
  8. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    One game can link to another when it's a big win in Dec against a divisional opponent. Winning streaks are linked to winning one game and getting on a roll. That was a HUGE game last night for both Washington and NY. Right now Washington is hot winning 3 straight and the Giants have proven in the past when you get hot this time of year regardless of your record the unimaginable can happen. Last night wasn't just another game it probably will have some big ramifications in the next few weeks.

Sure things can change in the next few weeks this is the NFL but for things to change for the Cowboys they're going to have to play better than we've seen the past 2 seasons to get past Cinn, Pitts, NO and Washington on the road. The struggle they had just getting past a bad Philly team Sunday night doesn't give me the confidence they're going to get on a run against the teams they have coming up especially not with their Dec history.
  9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,835 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    I think the only thing we will be playing for in week 17 is to ruin the Deadskins season.
  10. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    The Cowboys aren't getting back Lee and Carter this season. The cracks in the defense have really started to show the past couple of weeks without them. Even when the Cowboys were healthy early in the season minus only Ratliff they still weren't playing near the kind of football it's going to take for them to win enough games to still be alive when they face Washington in week 17. I don't know how any realistic Cowboy fan could be confident in the teams chances the next 4 weeks with the inconsistent football we've seen from them for almost 3 full seasons now.

I don't see how a 6-6 Washington team that just snuck by the Giants 17-16 could be overconfident. They can't afford to lose anymore than the Cowboys can but they're clearly playing better football than the Cowboys. Just over 2 weeks ago they beat down a Philly team 31-6 that had McCoy and Djax. The Cowboys and Redskins are going in different directions.
  11. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    Yep, that and probably trying to avoid a losing season but even that may be too late by then.
  12. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,448 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    if by some chance we're in a dead heat with the Skins going into that game I think we will come up on the short end of the final score, maybe way short.
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    I really think in the future I am going to join the majority, predict we get killed, lose big, so if we lose I can say see, told you.

if we win, then I can say woohoo, we won.

Win win
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,836 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    I think our chances would not be good in that scenario. When was the last time we won a do or die game in Dec/Jan on the road with a playoff berth on the line?

How many of these games have we lost?

I am sure you can do the math................chances are not good.
  15. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    They'll come up short by 14 or more. I made the same call when the Cowboys faced the Giants in the season finale last year. A lot of FANS didn't like that prediction but the writing was on the wall then as it is now. The Cowboys were well rested entering Sunday nights game vs a Philly team that was playing with a short deck and whose season was done. The Cowboys never held the lead until less than 6 minutes to play. I'll be surprised if the Cowboys win 2 of their last 4 games. They're staring at another 8-8 season at best.
  16. Beast_from_East

14,836 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received

If we lose to the Bengals, I agree..........season is done.
  17. ykc

ykc Active Member

598 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    You are forgetting that the redskins beat us soundly at our home game just 1 week back. So I doubt our team has the mentality to win the last game if it come down to winning the NFCE

18. Beast_from_East

14,836 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received

Its called "food for thought".

Nobody said anything about wanting to lose before that last game, the whole thread was about how ironic it would be if our season this year ended the exact same way our season last year did.

Try to keep up, it really is not that difficult of a thread.
  19. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,348 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    Before last night, I would have said the same thing. Seeing the Redskins beat the Giants though has me thinking we will pull out a few wins that we shouldn't and it WILL come down to the last game of the year and we will get absolutely CURB STOMPED at FEDEX. That script is much more odious to me than finishing 6-10 or 7-9. It will be another in the line of 44-6, 34-3, 31-14 must win, season ending disasters under the current regime. It just has to end this way, AGAIN. :mad:
  20. bud42

bud42 Member

60 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They have already lost the division! Are you kidding?