1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Watching Cutler and Eli last night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dfense, Oct 11, 2013.

1. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,644 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    I couldn't help but think with all the criticism Romo gets at times. Cutler tried so hard to give that game to the Giants and the announcers had nothing to say about it. Second to last Bear drive, just out of field goal range, 3rd and 4 he throws a 30 yd ball short into the dirt. All he had to do was complete a short pass, get the 3 points and end the game.

Then on the Bears last drive. He gets into field goal range only to ground the ball and get a field goal killing penalty. Two relatively easy situations to put the game away and he blows them both.

Good thing for the Bears Eli is a turnover machine this year.
  2. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,263 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    Cutler has never been put on Romo's level so of course he isn't going to receive the same level of criticism.
  3. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,534 Messages
    608 Likes Received
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,258 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    Poor Dan Fouts. Sitting at home, minding his own business and they gotta bring up old stuff............ ;)
    Afigueroa22 and theebs like this.
  5. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

1,417 Messages
    775 Likes Received
    supposedly on the 3rd int mayock blurted out "thats not eli's fault here"
    1LoyalCowboyFan likes this.
  6. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,188 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    No supposedly about it. He said that. Only Lebron James could have caught that pass because it was thrown so high
    1LoyalCowboyFan likes this.
  7. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    The Romo haters expect perfection. Otherwise, they wouldn't have anything to whine on Romo about.
    SDCowboy85 likes this.
  8. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Right now, Eli bar far is the worst QB in the league, IMO. It's unreal how far he's fallen.
  9. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,866 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Yup it was a knee jerk response to defend all things Manning with no thought to accurate reporting. All game they kept saying how Eli is "usually great" no matter what he was doing out there.
    djmajestik likes this.
  10. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

613 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    It was Nessler not Mayock
  11. SDCowboy85

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    You guys should check out the Giants forum. Eli is still being defended there like I've never seen. It's unreal. Here Romo gets bashed if he throws an incomplete pass. lol
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,195 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    Eh, I thought it was Mayock.

...who by the way gets more annoying by the minute. The guy always has something to say about everything. Just shut up for crying out loud.
  13. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    I remember when he he left the Broncos a bunch of ppl wanted him here instead of Romo. I, not being one.
  14. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Cutler is my pick to become unstoppable in the playoffs (if they make it) and win a Super Bowl this year. He's got that Big Ben, Eli, Flacco in him where he can look terrible but when he's really on, he's ON.
  15. SDCowboy85

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    lol I remember those threads.
    lqmac1 likes this.
  16. Wayne02

2,263 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    I'm not talking about people on fan sites like this, I'm talking about the real sports analysts and former players, and I never heard one person say that Cutler has ever been on Romo's level.
  17. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,337 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    Oh, yes he has. See Ron Jaworski's QB rankings. He's put Cutler ahead of Romo each of the last 2 years.

Tony Romo: the only QB in the league whose place among his peers isn't even close to reflective of his actual statistical performance. Romo's career numbers put Cutler's to shame.
  18. Wayne02

2,263 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    I may have missed that one, but Jaws gets caught up in moments far too often, I believe he had RG3 in the top ten as well. I respect the guy, but he reminds me of another Gruden whenever he starts ranking players.
  19. CaptainCreed

CaptainCreed Active Member

380 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    As a cowboys fan and hater of the Giants, I wish this was true. He is just having a rough start but still slinging it to Cruz, Nicks, and Randle. He is much better than the Weedens, Palmers, and Schaubs. Roethlisberger is playing just as poorly.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,503 Messages
    6,245 Likes Received
    You don't hear those direct comparisons all that often, anyway, for players below the truly 'elite' level. But I've heard plenty of comparisons in here between the two players, because I remember how silly the arguments seemed to me at the time.