1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Watching Montana, yes Montana

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Dec 9, 2011.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    The game is on right now. I'm watching for Trumaine Johnson.

Very active CB with great size. Looks like he can play in the NFL at CB but depends on his speed at the combine. He also looks like a solid FS where he has played before. He has great size and isn't afraid to lay a hit. He is great in run support and tackling.

Hips look alittle stiff which makes him turn his body to much which makes him get beat on quick routes.
    He is very good in press man, when he hits you at the line to jam, he already won the battle.
  2. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Hope he's not afraid to get a fine either.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    looks like a true ball hawk FS to me. Plays great zone and likes to see the play in front of him and out jump anyone, yes he can go toe to toe with Calvin Johnson.

Just had a good INT playing off man zone, just reading the play and the QB over threw the ball.
  4. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,561 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    a montana grizz becoming a dallas cowboy? i like that. :D
  5. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would not touch the kid until the the 6th round

10/23/11 - Missoula City Police tased and arrested senior cornerback Trumaine Johnson and junior quarterback Gerald Kemp early Sunday Morning. Sgt. Colin Rose says police responded to the 1100 block of Russell around 2:40 am, for a loud party complaint, they asked attendees to quiet down, but the people were un-compliant. Rose says one of the players struck an officer in the chest, both players started grabbing the officers. When officers tried to arrest the Johnson and Kemp, they resisted and were tased. Both Johnson and Kemp faces charges of obstructing a peace officer, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct. Both boded out of jail, and will appear in municipal court Monday. - NBC Montana

opps sorry I don't touch him
  6. kristie

7,561 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    ah man. *smh*
  7. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received

The team's QB (Kemp) was the one that hit the officer. The party was at Johnson's apartment, and he tried to intervene when Kemp swung. Johnson was kinda caught in the middle so he got tased too. The team investigated and chose not to suspend him. It wasn't a smart decision, but he really didn't do anything wrong either. It shouldn't hurt his draft stock.
  8. kristie

7,561 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    i don't think it should. i hope it doesn't.
  9. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thats good news for him
  10. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,366 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    This kid is not having a good game tonight, rounding his breaks and looks very stiff. Gave up a TD on a comeback route where he looked like he was stuck in quicksand.