1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Watching reruns of Hard Knocks ( Cinci Bengals )

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Mr.davon24, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Mr.davon24

Mr.davon24 PGH Cowboy Fan

261 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And Roy Williams just got handled in the Oklahoma Drills lol glad we got rid of him.
  2. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Active Member

7,599 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I remember seeing that scene and thinking, "Wow Roy really doesn't have any fire left at all" He got lit up by a no-name rookie if I remember right. Where's your pride Roy?

Oklahoma or the "meat grinder" as we used to call it is a drill of heart. Are you willing to go out there and go knock some people or get knocked?

Roy isn't anymore.
  3. Mr.davon24

261 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yup lol.. I feel sorry for him now. Roy " I don't want to do the Oklahoma drills ". Didn't he play for them :laugh2:?
  4. NextGenBoys

7,599 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Yeah, and had one of the more memorable plays in recent Oklahoma memory...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2d6cU2DwQRg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2d6cU2DwQRg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Man, he fell off. What could've been...
  5. Mr.davon24

261 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yeah, that's so sad. I wonder what caused him to turn into Frankin Feet and scared to make those bone crushing tackles?
  6. NextGenBoys

7,599 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    My theory?

He had undisclosed injuries that made him think twice of delivering those bone crushing hits, and didn't like hurting people with his tackles or drag downs.

Once he lost his mean streak and ability to lay the wood, he was rendered useless.
  7. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,165 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Man, even there he attempted a horsecollar tackle but failed to grab Simms' shoulder pads.

My theory: He go paid. Lost his desire.
  8. casmith07

casmith07 #TeamJerry

25,505 Messages
    1,042 Likes Received
    I think he had undisclosed injuries combined with his relationship falling apart. I think he just decided that it wasn't worth it anymore.

I think a lot of that led to what happened with him. He wasn't horrible in coverage to begin, either...Parcells wanted him to put on a bunch of weight so he could be an early 90s Parcells strong safety instead of what Williams really was at the time, which was almost that hybrid CB/Safety we're talking about nowadays. Once he got bigger/slower and his personal life kind of crumbled, I think it translated to lost confidence.
  9. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thing is too, I think he heard the criticism and it weighed him down. Some folks don't hear a word, some folks are introverts and it hurts them on a personal level.

He always seemed a lot like Demarcus. A genuinely likable guy who would do anything to help his fellow man.

Roy got skewered and it might have pushed him further into himself. The dude does have one bad *** freaking fish tank though. Centerpiece of his living room.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 #TeamJerry

25,505 Messages
    1,042 Likes Received
    It's just a shame because if his confidence wasn't broken (and I partially blame Parcells) we might not have ever had to take on a guy like Sensabaugh, even though I'm a fan. Watching him play I just knew he was a career Cowboy, but I guess things change. Being a defensive back by trade, he and Terence Newman were my two favorite players when I was younger.