1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Waterboarding used 266 times on 2 suspects

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ConcordCowboy, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's amazing how they change the tune to suit public opinion so as enhance their political gains and the power they so desperately seek, and yet these mice continue to follow these pied pipers even when they are called out on their changing rhetoric:mad:
  2. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still waiting for that tingle ain't yeah, Come on Concord, we know your not watching Fox, So what main stream media are you watching if it's not MSNBC?:war:
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,199 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    Putting aside the moral issues associated with torture, I don't think the results can be questioned. Torture does work. You can get people to say anything in order to get somebody to stop the torture but the cumulative effect of the whole process is extremely effective. When a person gets to the point of breaking, there mind is not going to stick to what they have said in future sessions. They will deviate and it's through this process that information is screened for validity. Not only is it screened but it is also compared to information gained from other sources.

It's not what you see in the moves. It's not three guys in wife beaters with there black sports coats hung over chairs and there knuckles bloodied, pouring water down a guys throat. There is aPhysical and psychological process involved that is effective over time. If done properly, given enough time, it will break you.
  4. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Psst...Fox and MSNBC aren't the only way to get news.

CNN...ABC...CBS...NBC...any number of internet articles from who knows how many sites...newspapers...on and on.

And I turn Fox on all the time...very little of it is news time though. :p:
  5. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So in incognito your really a Sean Hannity fan, the cat's out of the bag:)
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,995 Messages
    1,014 Likes Received
    you are right - i did jump in the middle then - my bad and i am pretty much in line with your stance.

torture or not you can't totally trust what they say. i hope i never have to make the call myself however. if i were emotionally tied to it, i'd likely get medieval on the dude.

then again - i may just walk away and go find another way to try and help. the violence has to end sooner or later.
  7. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,523 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Thanks for weighing in again - O'Brien. In this conversation you have acted as your strongest adversary. Have you gotten that yet?
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why? I have a ton of facts that support my positions. And you just got owned in this thread.
  9. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In this thread only?
    This Concord Character is Mr Drive by.
    He posts,then runs away....he has no principles.
    I remember when I was banned for 3 days,only then he took his time to reply to me...kicking me while I was down.I could not answer.
    Surprise!..the ban was not permanent.

At least other left wingers here show up to the brawl...not Concord.
    Concord is a text book coward.
  10. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,523 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Before you go patting a hole through your own back, you might wanna review this thread and notice that most significant post you put up was this flimsy offering:

LOL! So, there is no way of knowing if the info could have been obtained any other way. But yet, the info WAS obtained in THIS way. We KNOW this worked.

See the difference between Americans who care about security and those who only care about image is stark.

And the truth is, this story is just full of crap.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...nce-knowledge/

We KNOW that the information we got stopped Jose Padilla. So even if we saved one American life, then it was worth water-boarding these bums.

First, we don't have solid evidence that torture produced any significant actionable intelligence outside of the unsubstantiated claims made by those parties either condoning or conducting this blight upon our country's good name. To date, they have produced NOTHING to support their claims.

Secondly, our "image" (your words, not mine) as a principled country that doesn't torture - has likely contributed more to our national security than you will ever appreciate.

And lastly, your support of torture doesn't seem to jibe with the moralistic tenor you take on so many of your posts concerning other topics - nor the spiritual teachings of the one you so vociferously claim to follow.

And the rest of your contributions to this thread? They could have just as easily been made by burm.

Now tell me about this new system of weights and measurements that has your "facts" estimated at a ton.

Oh, one other thing. Torture contributed to stopping the mighty Jose Padilla? This is laughable. The guy was an idiot expatriate and bit player - any claims of a "dirty bomb" plot had panned out to zilch and the last I heard - judges were refusing to dimiss his suit against John Yoo for having been tortured. Heckuva reference there, cajun. :D
  11. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know everyone wants to take that moral high ground...but perhaps we should poll people that worked in "Library Tower" in LA during that time, and see what they think of waterboarding these 3 Jihadists
  12. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,523 Messages
    14 Likes Received
  13. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Suspect for what it's worth, I'll repost this just to show you that even the current Attorney General was supportive of the interroration techniques since we had no clue as to how Al-Queda operated, you know because of a past Democratic President who didn't realize the seriousness of the threat, as you apparently still don't comprehend, so stick to your BS moral high ground and when the facts comes out as to the intelligence gained, we will all be waiting for an admission of your thick-headedness.

Eric Holder spoke out on the interrogation of unlawful combatants in 2002.

“One of the things we clearly want to do with these prisoners is to have an ability to interrogate them and find out what their future plans might be, where other cells are located; under the Geneva Convention that you are really limited in the amount of information that you can elicit from people.

“It seems to me that given the way in which they have conducted themselves, however, that they are not, in fact, people entitled to the protection of the Geneva Convention. They are not prisoners of war. If, for instance, Mohamed Atta had survived the attack on the World Trade Center, would we now be calling him a prisoner of war? I think not. Should Zacarias Moussaoui be called a prisoner of war? Again, I think not.”

–Eric Holder, CNN interview, January 2002
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll take the word of someone who was actually there over some know nothing hack on a forum who posts articles from salon.com, thank you very much. I posted statements from people who were there. Facts as they are known. You posted assumptions from dubious sources at best.

15. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair got it right last week when he noted how easy it is to condemn the enhanced interrogation program "on a bright sunny day in April 2009." Reactions to this former CIA program, which was used against senior al Qaeda suspects in 2002 and 2003, are demonstrating how little President Barack Obama and some Democratic members of Congress understand the dire threats to our nation.

George Tenet, who served as CIA director under Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, believes the enhanced interrogations program saved lives. He told CBS's "60 Minutes" in April 2007: "I know this program alone is worth more than the FBI, the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency put together have been able to tell us."

Last week, Mr. Blair made a similar statement in an internal memo to his staff when he wrote that "[h]igh value information came from interrogations in which those methods were used and provided a deeper understanding of the al Qa'ida organization that was attacking this country."

Yet last week Mr. Obama overruled the advice of his CIA director, Leon Panetta, and four prior CIA directors by releasing the details of the enhanced interrogation program. Former CIA director Michael Hayden has stated clearly that declassifying the memos will make it more difficult for the CIA to defend the nation.

It was not necessary to release details of the enhanced interrogation techniques, because members of Congress from both parties have been fully aware of them since the program began in 2002. We believed it was something that had to be done in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks to keep our nation safe. After many long and contentious debates, Congress repeatedly approved and funded this program on a bipartisan basis in both Republican and Democratic Congresses.

Last week, Mr. Obama argued that those who implemented this program should not be prosecuted -- even though the release of the memos still places many individuals at other forms of unfair legal risk. It appeared that Mr. Obama understood it would be unfair to prosecute U.S. government employees for carrying out a policy that had been fully vetted and approved by the executive branch and Congress. The president explained this decision with these gracious words: "nothing will be gained by spending our time and energy laying blame for the past." I agreed.

Unfortunately, on April 21, Mr. Obama backtracked and opened the door to possible prosecution of Justice Department attorneys who provided legal advice with respect to the enhanced interrogations program. The president also signaled that he may support some kind of independent inquiry into the program. It seems that he has capitulated to left-wing groups and some in Congress who are demanding show trials over this program.

Members of Congress calling for an investigation of the enhanced interrogation program should remember that such an investigation can't be a selective review of information, or solely focus on the lawyers who wrote the memos, or the low-level employees who carried out this program. I have asked Mr. Blair to provide me with a list of the dates, locations and names of all members of Congress who attended briefings on enhanced interrogation techniques.

Any investigation must include this information as part of a review of those in Congress and the Bush administration who reviewed and supported this program. To get a complete picture of the enhanced interrogation program, a fair investigation will also require that the Obama administration release the memos requested by former Vice President Dick Cheney on the successes of this program.

An honest and thorough review of the enhanced interrogation program must also assess the likely damage done to U.S. national security by Mr. Obama's decision to release the memos over the objections of Mr. Panetta and four of his predecessors. Such a review should assess what this decision communicated to our enemies, and also whether it will discourage intelligence professionals from offering their frank opinions in sensitive counterterrorist cases for fear that they will be prosecuted by a future administration.

Perhaps we need an investigation not of the enhanced interrogation program, but of what the Obama administration may be doing to endanger the security our nation has enjoyed because of interrogations and other antiterrorism measures implemented since Sept. 12, 2001.

Mr. Hoekstra, a congressman from Michigan, is ranking Republican on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
  16. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What a whiner.

I posted about you and then directly to you after you came back from your banning in that very thread...so get your story frickin straight.

Here's the proof.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2705148&postcount=48

I started this thread so of course I'm going to be here.

If you think I'm going to post in every anti-Obama thread in this forum or justify anything to you, then you're crazier than I thought.

I post in threads that interest me...not some Oh look Obama's the Anti-Christ crap.

You people have made up your mind on him.

Hate away...I could care less...especially about a nut like you.
  17. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Owned...good Lord.

Tell me about Obama not being a U.S. Citizen again.

:laugh2:
  18. irvin4evs

irvin4evs Benched

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DUDE, you are a PREACHER of the word of JESUS CHRIST and you advocate WAR, TORTURE AND CAPITALISM. Do I need to educate you on your religion and why this does not work?

Am I the only one on the stupid board filled with Gun&God advocates that has actually read the Bible that I force upon everyone else in society?

THIS IS ABSURD
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's shown no proof of it.

Laugh all you want. As far as I and others are concerned, you and Suspect and people like you are nothing more than clanging symbols. Just a bunch of noise.
  20. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received

I hope it's loud.

[IMG]