1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Waters will not play Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Sep 3, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,438 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    Veteran Guard Officially Signs; Won't Play Sunday vs. NYG
    Posted 50 minutes ago

[IMG]Nick EatmanDallasCowboys.com Staff WriterFollow nickeatman on Twitter All Nick Eatman Articles
    [IMG]

IRVING, Texas - More than 14 years after he signed with his hometown as an undrafted rookie fullback, Brian Waters as returned home ... again.

Waters has officially signed a one-year deal with the Cowboys, the team he grew up idolizing as a native of nearby Waxahachie and later a standout at North Texas in Denton.

To make room for Waters, the Cowboys will put safety Eric Frampton on the waived/injured list and likely give the veteran an injury settlement for his calf injury. The Cowboys initially kept Frampton as one of six safeties but he wasn’t expected to play this week against the Giants.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...y-vs-NYG/251dd596-271c-4e0b-86e3-5a30d0e061ef
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,056 Messages
    3,973 Likes Received
    It looks like Eatman is receiving that snap in that picture, and now I can't unsee that.
  3. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,261 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    LOL yes it does.
  4. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,794 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I dont think many people expected him week 1 or 2. Itll take a few weeks to get into football shape and learn our scheme. But oline has to be better then the last 2 years thats for sure.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,654 Messages
    3,570 Likes Received
    Hmm...I'm curious to know why we couldn't get this done immediately after Oxnard so he could be acclimated in the system by now.
  6. jobberone

35,438 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    It could happen! **SNL** :)
  7. jobberone

35,438 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    Because vets his age don't like camp and want to stay home with their family.
    Carharris2 likes this.
  8. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,157 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    Two typos in the first sentence. Attaboy, Nick. Give Calvin Watkins a run for his money.

As for Waters, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole "he won't play week 1" stuff is a smoke-screen for the Giants. What if he looks great in practice tomorrow?
  9. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Hopefully he'll be ready to go in KC, they are really tough in arrowhead and have a much better team this year, we will need our online to play a good game and have to run the ball with success to win that game.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,654 Messages
    3,570 Likes Received
    Yeah that's why I said after Oxnard. I never imagined him going to Cali but once that part of camp ended I expected him to sign and participate at the VR portion of camp so he could get ready for the first day. The fact that this is happening so late makes me think there were legitimate money differences btw both sides and one side gave a little the last few days.
  11. jobberone

35,438 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    Not sure but his contract is guaranteed if he plays week one. Maybe they have changed that. I wouldn't want to guarantee his contract for the year.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,673 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    You think Water's waiting this long is an accident? He didn't want to travel and stay out there to do work, he'd rather walk into a starting job.

I'm glad to have the guy onboard, but we all know what his MO is.
    Vintage likes this.
  13. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,157 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    Does he actually have to PLAY in week 1 for the contract to be guaranteed?

I thought it was guaranteed as long as he's on the roster through week 1, but I could be wrong.
  14. jobberone

35,438 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    Sorry. That's what I meant. Yes, unless that's been changed then if he's on the active roster week one he's guaranteed. My bad.
  15. gdogg24

gdogg24 Member

243 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I hear his contract is very incentive based, so that's more good news we'll see how long it takes for him to get it on paper this is huge our O-line & depth is pretty good.
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,665 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    The article says "is not expected to play, and that appears to be the Cowboys call." I won't be surprised if he ends up playing if he shows up at practice and looks great.

Dallas shouldn't be counting on him to play until it sees him in action.

If he doesn't play, I wonder if the lineup will be Smith-Leary-Frederick-Free-Parnell or Smith-Leary-Frederick-Mackenzy-Free.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,654 Messages
    3,570 Likes Received
    Grew up in good ole Waxahachie, TX. That's 100% Cowboys Country. He will take pride playing here. The next few days can't go by fast enough...
    Staubacher and Lonestar94 like this.
  18. bmore

bmore New Member

2 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Pats signed waters Sept 4 in 2011...he started the first game for them and played every snap the rest of the year
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,960 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Soooo who is he starting for???? I mean Leary looked very good so I'm guessing Bernadeau???
  20. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Arrowhead hasn't been a tough place to play for quite awhile. Half the crowd will be Cowboys fans. Last time they played at Arrowhead it was Cowboys fans causing the Chiefs to false start.