1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Way too early mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Nov 2, 2013.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

4,529 Messages
    1,578 Likes Received
    Saturday morning and I'm bored at work so I mock....

1st round- Scott Crichton DE Oregon State- 6'3 265 and a very good athlete. He needs a little refinement and some coaching, but he already posses one hell of a bullrush that has helped him get to the QB 20 times so far in his college career. Has real potential to be a stud passrusher in the NFL, just needs a coach to teach him some techniques.

2nd round- David Yankey OG Stanford- Gotta keep adding to the o-line. Yankey is a technician who is well coached and probably ready to play right away. Very smart kid too.

3rd round- Tre Boston S/CB UNC- Has played both S and CB for UNC and would be a very good cover S in the NFL. Could be the CF to cover the back half we have been lacking for a long time.

4th round- Silas Redd RB USC- Would probably be a a much higher pick if not for what was called a "minor procedure" on his knee this past offseason. Either way he's a good hard runner who has average 5 yards per carry in very straight forward pro like offenses. Not a home run hitter, but a good between the tackles runner who can get you 4 tough yards on a consistent basis.

5th round- DeAndre Coleman DT Cal- I know, I know, way too late for a DT. How early we take a DT will depend on what is up with Hatch after this season and what the team thinks of Crawford. I like Crawford as a big tall DT with some athletic ability. Cal team captain.

6th round- James Franklin QB Mizzu- He was well on his way to his breakout year before hurting his shoulder this year (already throwing again and doesn't appear serious). He has a RB mentality as a QB, but I also like his arm strength and a quick release. He has a long way to go, but I see a lot of tools to like in him.

7th round- Trey Burton FB/H-Back Florida- Has never found 1 real position at florida (played everything from QB to WR). Kid is a gamer though and its tough to find a guy who plays harder than him. Catches the ball well and runs hard.