1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We are either trading up or down or staying put

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by fanfromvirginia, Apr 26, 2012.

1. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    After spending way too much time in here consulting my sources (i.e., all y'all) I can say with certainty we are either trading up, or trading down or staying put. :p:

We could trade up for Cox or Barron or Claiborne or we could stay put for Barron or DeCastro or Brockers or some really polarizing wildcard like Poe or we could trade down a few spots for DeCastro or Brockers or Poe or Gilmore or maybe somebody else or we could trade down quite a bit farther for McClellin and Konz or Zeitler or somebody else like Kirkpatrick. Or something entirely different.

Did I leave anything out? No doubt I have.

Congrats to Jerry and others for smoking that campfire up! In terms of uncertainty, this is the best draft I remember. And, with a few notable exceptions, I can live with most of these alternatives.
  2. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    or staying UP (2AM for me) putting Down (names or for some players)or trading ESPN for NFL network
  3. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,451 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    At this point I would say they stay put and see who drops to them in their slots. I think Jason is making a big influence in this way. You don't get large wins with the big trade up. At least now with the new CBA in place.

Me I would hope Miami passes on the QB and Cleveland calls to trade up with their second number 1 plus their number 2.
    We take it. Then package the number 1 and out number 3 to move back closer to get the player we want.
  4. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I'm assuming you are in Germany, which means the draft *starts* at 2 a.m. Is that right? I thought I had it bad with EST and an alarm set at 5:50 a.m. :laugh1:
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,241 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    fanfromvirginia, I think you pretty well handled the excitements in round one that I am seeing...unless a bearer of great gifts comes along and things move down in the draft.
  6. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well we could always not make it to the podium in time and lose our pick...

Hey, you have to leave every option open for Jerry.
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,241 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    :p: Easy fella'....
  8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    #Cowboys have had conversations with the #Chiefs about a potential trade up, and #Chargers about moving down: is.gd/QUf1VW

Evan Silva on Twitter
  9. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Sorry had to say it.
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,241 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    (chuckling to self) And this is an interesting final day draft presented on BTB's:

#14: Michael Brockers, DE
    #45: Amini Silatolu,OG
    #81: Casey Hayward, CB
    #113: Ryan Broyles, WR
    #135: Cyrus Gray, RB
    #152: Tank Carder, ILB
    #186: Chris Greenwood, CB
    #222: G. J. Kinne, QB