1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We are going to get punched in the mouth Sunday Night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

963 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say manhandled. Trent has said many times that Ware is the best player he's faced in the NFL, and while Ware's sack of RGIII in the first game wasn't entirely Trent's fault...I certainly held my breath because it was a good shot - albeit not a blindside hit.

We have to do a better job of pressuring Romo and not allowing the pressure we did in the first game if we want to win.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,994 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
    You guys don't really want to win, I don't think. All that pressure of the playoffs on a young QB. You don't want to ruin him. Better to just lose this one and get another offseason to continue to develop RGIII into the kind of player you're going to want to have down the road.

If I were you, I'd be secretly rooting for Dallas to win so we're overconfident next season when you're ready to make your big move.
  3. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

963 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    This is pretty much the same stakes as a playoff game for both teams though - well at least if the Bears and the Vikings don't lose the earlier games. I can't see how any playoff game would have more pressure than this.

Maybe it would be better if Dallas just let us win, rather than be the whole focus of the entire offseason. lol That damn "common opponents" tiebreaker and that damn loss to Carolina! Then again, who knows if the 6 game win streak would have happened had this team not suffered the low of the Carolina loss before the bye.
  4. DC Cowboy

DC Cowboy Active Member

681 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    This :signmast:
  5. CapsSkins

CapsSkins New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received

LOL that's one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Both teams have pretty bad defense's. Skins O will put up points and provided the Skins fail to get pressure on Romo so will Dallas. This will come down to the turnover battle. Haslett for some reason loves playing a bend don't break (ugh) style whose success so far has been contingent on keeping teams out of the endzone (duh) and turnovers. Forget what you've heard about Haslett's improved D coming out of the bye. We played Nick Foles twice (and he almost beat us last week with a broken hand) and Brandon Weeden, did well against Eli but we always have his number, and then beat you and the Ravens. Point is, I don't buy this sudden defensive improvement and I still think Has needs to go. You as an offense need to capitalize when the Skins only rush 3 because when our squad plays more aggressively we do very well. If you can get the ball consistently to Dez, Austin and Witten then you can pick apart that bend don't break soft secondary. However, you'll have to deal with the Skins O and smart money says we're going to hang at least 30 on you. Point being? Turnover battle becomes crucial. You need to take the ball out of our hands and keep us from doing the same to you (go back to Thanksgiving, and look at the turnovers).

Personally, I don't think you'll be able to get it done. We have more ballhawkers than you guys in Dhall, London has decent hands and we have the front personnel to force them in Rob Jackson, Barry Cofield and Ryan Kerrigan. It really hurts you guys specifically in the turnover context not to have Sean Lee, Ratliff, Bruce Carter. But your guys will have to find a way. I hope they don't.

Hail.
  6. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I disagree that Haslett hasn't changed or improved since the bye week.

He was forced to play a little less aggressive until he figured out his personnel. Orakpo, Carriker, and Meriweather were/are big parts of the Redskins D.
  7. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    If we beat the Saints we are in the playoffs ... and they couldnt get it done against a team not going to the playoffs. Now your telling me that they are going to do it against RG3... against an offense that they have only seen once all season? I doubt it.

Its gonna come down to Romo having the game of his life to out gun sling RG3.
  8. Pokes12

Pokes12 Active Member

499 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Here is the deal. I am an avid Cowboys fan for over 50 years. I don't really like this team going to the playoffs because frankly they are not a playoff team. The defense bears no resemblance to the starting defense at game one. We now have guys playing of whom I have never heard. Bubble gum and bailing wire defense against RGIII and their stud rookie back does not portend that we can out-score them. This is at best a replica of the NO game. Our offense can play with the best of them but cannot make up for a defense that is essentially defenseless and incapable of stopping the REdskins and only a miracle would result in a turnover in our favor. If D. Murray drops the ball again on the five yard line I may have to jump out of the window!!
    This game does not feel good to me at all. We just don't have the horses on defense to keep it close. Romo and the offense will have to play lights out from the starting gun, not something they are accustomed to doing.

Redskins 34http://cowboyszone.com/forums/images/smilies/test.gif
    Dallas 24
  9. CapsSkins

CapsSkins New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Then how does that explain the defense dropping off the face of the earth to finish last season despite a healthy roster?

I don't buy the new and improved Skins D. Romo will have success and you know what? I don't think it'll be Dez. Everybody and their mother knows Romo will be targeting 88. I think Miles Austin will be the X-factor. If he gets involved, Romo hits Dez for a big play or two and Witten stays Mr. Reliable then I think the Skins could be in trouble.

HOWEVER. If the huge disparity in turnovers for these two franchises continues the way it has this season, it won't matter. Skins will come out on top. Dallas when you are on offense you better worry about D Murray putting the ball on the ground and Tony forcing throws, or getting his throws tipped or getting the ball stripped by Kerrigan, Jackson, Bowen and Cofield.

Hail.
  10. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,067 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    I don't think that either of these statement were true last week.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    It wasn't. Had Dallas won it would not have changed anything, we still had to beat Washington. Thankfully Balt did the Cowboys a favor by knocking off NY but regardless it was going to come down to Dallas vs Washington
  12. RGIII

RGIII Member

35 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In all fairness, we beat the hell out of Cleveland two weeks ago, it wasnt even a contest once Cousins got into rhythm and he is a back-up QB. The Ravens game was tooth and nail, requiring a come from behind TD and 2 point conversion, plus OT to win.

Last week our defense blew the lead for us, yes it came down to the wire with the Eagles in the redzone and Foles with a broken hand, but thats just how our defense rolls most weeks. Its kinda the opposite from you guys, y'all start off slow, come back in the 4th qtr. We tend to start off somewhat fast and blow 17 point leads and let teams work their way back into the game.

Im pretty sure it could be 4th and 99 and our secondary would give up a TD pass if the other team went for it. Thats how horrible they are.
  13. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,285 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received

I expect a ridiculously easy score for Washington very early. I think they tack on another.

THEN we buckle down and kick it into gear.

NOT what I want. But I have seen this too many times.

We are a counter punching team. No jabs, no quick knockouts. We react!