1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We don't need to necessarily draft a CB in Round 1 given

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Woods, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    that there should be several good ones available in Rounds 2 and 3.

I understand there is a lot of speculation we go CB in Round 1, but if Jenkins is expected to be ready to play by the beginning of the season - let's assume he misses TC and most/all of the pre-season - but if he's ready early on during the regular season . . . . we can still draft a CB in Round 2 or 3, plus draft another one Day 3 or get another vet during FA, we should be fine.

If Jenkins is not extended next year for whatever reason, the draft pick we get in Round 2 or 3 (or Day 3 guy) should be ready to step in 2013.

I'm not advocating absolutely not drafting a CB in Round 1, but I don't think we necessarily have to draft a CB Round 1.

Comments?
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,959 Messages
    5,337 Likes Received
    Since they don't need a starter in 2012, I really want a CB with the highest upside over a more ready now type. Although he is only 5'10-1/8", Josh Robinson is very solid at 200 lbs. He has elite athleticism and was a ballhawk in college.
  3. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,044 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    I like him also, add in from me Josh Norman Coastal Carolina lots of upside to this kid. Not sure Norman is second rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj1RwYJwinc
  4. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    I think we'll have Jenkins locked-in to a multi-year deal going into the season and a CB in 2 or 3 will be fine.
  5. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I like him as well as a player. I wonder if he goes in Round 2?
  6. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

316 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Don't think that is a problem as we won't draft a CB in the 1st 2 rounds I bet (unless we trade down and get an extra 2nd).