1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We need to go after a top DB, how many years has our secondary been crap now?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Blitz88, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,022 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    oh ok....i see your concern

But i feel he might have "gotten" it

Especially if we take a chance on him...he might be a guy who will want to prove the NFL wrong
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,022 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I agree bro....he is a huge talent, to pass on.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,229 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    hahahaaaaa, how do you figure that.

Look at the things Pacman did while in college and compare them to what Janoris has done. Not even close. How about you do some research and read up on the kid before bashing him like that.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,847 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    Dez dropped because of an incident involving Deion Sanders and not telling the truth to the NCAA when asked about it.

Dez has never had any encounter with the law which given the past of his father and mother is pretty amazing that he did not go down the wrong road.

A guy getting stoned and messing with drugs is another issue and one that will get you suspended in the NFL.
  5. Doomsday101

75,847 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    You compared Jenkins situation to that of Dez they are not the same not even close.
  6. supercowboy8

5,229 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    He has been fine this year, if he interviews well and shows he has grown up them I think he will skyrocket up the boards.

I will agree that if he doesn't interview good and still acts like the punk he may have been back in 2009 and 2010, then take him off your board, but right now is way to early to say you wouldn't take him.
  7. supercowboy8

5,229 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    both had charcter concerns as to why they fell down the draft

pacman had even more major concerns and he didn't fall
  8. Doomsday101

75,847 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    And I haven't. Am I leery yes. We are talking about a kid that was kicked off the Florida team and this past season ejected for throwing a punch in a game and suspended a game while at North Alabama. I think people have every right to be leery of him.
  9. Doomsday101

75,847 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    I agree Pacman more of a concern but Jenkins problems have been more than getting busted with weed. What Dez did is no where close to the issues that Jenkins has delt with. He was kicked off the team by the Head Coach.
  10. supercowboy8

5,229 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    But Urban Meyer said he wouldn't have kicked him off.

Look I like Jenkins and think he is a beast at CB and just what this team needs on the field.
    But I don't think Dallas mainly Garrett will take him due to those character concerns, so this is all pointless really. I think Ryan will love to have him and so would Jerry.
  11. supercowboy8

5,229 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    he threw a punch and was suspended for a half, yes, but several people want Finnegan for the same reason. Some how that makes Finnegan a physical player and it makes Janoris a skumbag.
  12. Doomsday101

75,847 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    I think Jenkins is a very talented ball player that is not what is in question. I have seen enough suspensions of Cowboy players to know I don't want to go back to that. Injuries are big enough concern but guys getting into trouble and missing game over stupid things like weed you bet I question.

Myself I would not rule him out but I would not take him at 14.

I think a lot of teams will be leery
  13. Doomsday101

75,847 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    I'm not defending Finnegan. Janoris had already gotten into trouble this is only adding fuel to the fire.
  14. supercowboy8

5,229 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    I agree I wouldn't touch him at 14 either manily because of the possible other players there. I will trade up into the bottom 1st or early 2nd to grab him though or if he falls our 2nd round pick then I would.
  15. Doomsday101

75,847 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    2nd rd maybe so if they feel he has gotten his act together.