1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We Saw Today What a Good OL Can Do For a QB and Team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,391 Messages
    4,618 Likes Received
    I think you get a lot more diverse opinion of Romo on this forum. On other Cowboys forums, 75-80% hate him.
  2. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,201 Messages
    1,077 Likes Received
    Romo is going to be extended and Jason Garrett would be fired before Tony Romo was released. Don't know what Rob Ryan has to do with anything.

And this team was lost and confused at the QB position before Romo. The fact that Sean Payton wanted to take Romo with him to New Orleans is all the proof I need that Romo can get the job done. If Sean Payton thought Romo could do it I sure as hell do.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,698 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    Mind-boggling isn't it
  4. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,925 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    How is FAU basically a community college? They offer PhDs and have like ten different colleges. Do you know what a community college is? Anyway, FAU isn't a good football school but they are D-1. It's really no different than like schools that Chris Johnson and Tony Romo went to. I don't see how it's relevant. Alfred Morris is a very good running back. And don't say the Redskins have an amazing O-line. Did you see how Cousins had no time to throw?
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,533 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    I wonder what Sean Payton thinks of Romo now.
  6. GoCowboysGo

GoCowboysGo Active Member

964 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    Post of the year!!!!! :bow:

No running, no winning. Can't be one dimensional in this league of great and committed coordinators.
  7. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,243 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    You know who else has been here since Bill Parcells? JG as the OC. Parcells took us to the playoffs his first year with Quincy Carter as his QB and Troy Hambrick as his RB. This with a team that went 5-11 three seasons in a row. That team he took to the playoffs was devoid of talent.

And people tell me coaching doesn't matter .
  8. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,243 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    When people bring this up, I always say, "Well how many A. Rogers is there in the world". It's not not like you can easily go out and get an Aaron Rogers.

Not every QB is as good. That's why you need a second option. That's the formula Washington, Seattle, 49ers, Houston used to get to the playoffs.
  9. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    There is a lot to be said about scheme and execution. Green Bay has a lot of designed plays which make up for the poor line play and lack of running plays. Although I do think their RBs are not as bad as people think, I just think it's the way the offense is designed. With the being said, we are talking about Aaron Rodgers here.

Here, we run the Coryell offense, but more importantly a Coryell offense that is league wide known to be predictable. Coryell requires a good OLine, especially protection in the interior and a strong running game up the gut. Now if those are two basics you need to run the offense efficiently and you do not have those at your disposal, and you couple that with a predictable offense, you automatically set yourself up for failure, as you have now made it easier for other teams to game plan against your offense.
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,239 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    So where was that offensive line when BOTH QBs were under heavy pressure last night?

I guess you have to learn to play under pressure sometimes, what a concept.
  11. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,659 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    Sometimes, yes, but not all the time like Romo does. He's constantly escaping and making trick moves to get the pass off. Yea I know, I'm sure you don't see that cause you don't want to see it. Smh!!
  12. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,429 Messages
    1,701 Likes Received
    So a 6th rounder sets a franchise rushing record but the OL isnt that good? :bang2:

Lynch had the year he had behind a bad OL? :bang2:

Dont both teams have Pro Bowlers on their OL's? :bang2:

Whats unreal is to create a fantasy in your mind that the OL's for these teams arent very good. They certainly were very effective.

I might as well be having a "discussion" with my wife about the OL's. :lmao2: :lmao2:
  13. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

693 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Exactly, there is a difference between some pressure and getting killed as often as Romo. Give the guy some O-line help.
  14. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,876 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    You're a funny guy.

Well guess what-know the ONE game the Skins played without RGIII, the great Alfred Morris ran for 3.2 yds per carry.

They stink. Lucky they have such a dynamic QB or Morris would be nothing more than a bigger Phillip Tanner.

Seahawks again are fortunate that they also have the benefit of an exciting QB, but more importantly a great defense. They stay in a lot of games and Lynch wears teams down.
  15. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,429 Messages
    1,701 Likes Received

You're basing the "Skins played without RGIII" argument on a 1 game sample size? :banghead:

Didnt the other rookie QB win that game "without RGIII" showing that they did just fine w/o RGIII? :bang2:

Why dont you want to admit that the OL for the Foreskins is the major reason that the Skins had success? They made it easy for RG3. And for Morris. WHy is accepting reality so hard?
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    because he is one who has from day one refused to believe we need to put more resources into the O line. So its a self fulfilling prophecy he is trying to lay out
  17. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,239 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Romo is a good QB, IMO he needs better coaching and a better team around him, Look at this stats I came across:

Good stat from Babe Laufenberg. Romo with a 100-plus rating: 37-11. Cutler 25-1, Ryan 32-1, Brady 79-5.

Although I do realize he has to play much better in big games.
  18. Oh_Canada

5,876 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    Well....how good were they last year without RG3? I didn't see any, "what a great OL can do for a QB" threads last year using the Skins as an example?

So how did Cousins do last night?? How did Alfred Morris do once Rg3 left the game?

I will happily admit when I see a good oline, but the Skins aren't one of them. They benefit from scheme and RG3. If he doesn't play, they are among the worst units in football, stop holding them up as some kind of gold standard.
  19. Oh_Canada

5,876 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    Yeah ok--guess you're ok with FA's and castoffs on the oline than, because that's exactly what you have with the Deadskins oline.
  20. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,049 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Let’s take a look at this statement in a little more detail shall we?
    Starting line up for both teams last night

Seattle Seahawks

Russell Okung 1sr round SS 6th overall pick
    Max Ungar 2nd round pick
    Paul McQuistan 3rd round pick
    Jr Sweezy 7th round pick
    Breno Giacomini 5th round pick

Washington Redskins

Trent Williams 1st round 4th overall pick
    Kory Lichtensteiger 4th round pick
    Will Montgomery 7th round pick
    Chris Chester 2nd round pick
    Tyler Ploumbus undrafted

So less late picks and free agents and more draft picks 50% of the ten players taken in the first three rounds.