1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

We should draft another CB in the first round this year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Neverhood, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Neverhood

Neverhood Active Member

246 Messages
    125 Likes Received
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

27,759 Messages
    7,754 Likes Received
    Something I wish I had.
    BigStar likes this.
  3. bounce

bounce Well-Known Member

808 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    Brandon Carr hasn't been a "bust" since being acquired. He sucked for the second half of this season, but was solid last year. But, Champ Bailey would have sucked trying to cover people with this DL.
    visionary, Wheeltax and 5Stars like this.
  4. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

3,398 Messages
    1,083 Likes Received
    Eagles website. BIg shock.
  5. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Claiborne is going to step up big this year.
    Carr is good he just has hell with those big body guys like Calvin and Garcon... I think Carr is better suited for guys like Desean and Cruz.
    Scandrick is a pretty nice option to have out there too.
    Start getting some pressure from the front guys and those 3 will shine.

I wouldnt be oppose to getting one in the later rounds to chance a diamond in the rough, but Id say drafting a DB is pretty far down the list.

Obviously we need to draft like this
    RD1 TE
    RD2 TE
    RD3 TE (just in case)
    mcompact likes this.
  6. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

5,182 Messages
    2,385 Likes Received
    I'm more concerned about safety than CB. Barry Church is good at making tackles but we need some safeties who can cover. I wouldn't be mad if we got Jarius Byrd after freeing up some cap space by releasing some guys.
    BigStar likes this.
  7. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

1,085 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Brandon Carr did what he could this year...When the QB constantly has 5-6 seconds to stand in the pocket, he's going to find an open receiver no matter who's out there playing CB.

I like Carr, I mean...the guy has sealed crucial games for us with his interceptions which, in hindsight, kept us in playoff contention or would have had playoff implications had we lost those games (NYG this year and PIT last year)

Get some pressure on the QB and our CBs will be a lot better than what we've seen.
    BigStar likes this.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

55,354 Messages
    7,986 Likes Received
    All our CB's would look 1000% better if they had decent front 7 play in front of them.
    mcompact likes this.
  9. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

5,182 Messages
    2,385 Likes Received
    My offseason wish list. Draft DT rounds 1 and 2. Sign Jarius Byrd.
    BigStar likes this.
  10. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,877 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    We had no pass rush, man CB's playing in a zone scheme, and safeties that couldn't cover me. We could have Sherman and Revis and they'd still get rolled.
  11. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,877 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    As long as they're good DT's and they fit the system, I'd take that.
  12. DEMARC0MURRAY29

DEMARC0MURRAY29 Active Member

314 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    I don't disagree w/ what the Website is saying.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,848 Messages
    15,644 Likes Received
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,848 Messages
    15,644 Likes Received
    He might be the most over paid player in the entire league. I challenge you to get less impact from that money. You'd have to sign a player who never gets on the field.
  15. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,141 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    BigStar likes this.
  16. Pabst

Pabst Well-Known Member

1,017 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Carr fell apart after Megatron abused him. Lost his confidence, lost his game. Was very good before that, but it is what it is. Clairborne just needs to stay on the field. His learning curve has been impacted by injuries.

More to the point, this mock is just wishful thinking on the Eagles' part.
    BigStar likes this.
  17. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Ive actually seen a couple of mock drafts that had us taking Clinton-Dix. Personally Id rather go to the line but I wouldnt cry if it happened.
  18. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

4,320 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    Cant afford byrd. Plus I dont like byrds attitude. We already have a team full of check collectors we dont need another one. Dallas needs 7 new starters on d. They cant fork out that for a s even if it is 1 of the 7 we need
  19. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,800 Messages
    935 Likes Received
    If it weren't a dt,de,lb or safety

I'd rather have a guard or a WR or even a rb over another corner.
  20. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

4,322 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    I think this mocker is guilty of being lazy, which a lot of football draft fans can be. He watched the Cowboys five or six times this year, saw a horrible Pass Defense, and thinks they need DB help. That and the combination of some already condemning Morris Claiborne as a bust. The truth is no pass rush and slow safeties make the corners look worse than they are. This isn't me saying Brandon Carr and Claiborne get a pass. I would just like to see what they could do with an actual pass rush, a cover safety, and a Defensive Coordinator from the modern era.

It's too bad we don't actually need a CB though because I think Dennard (Michigan State) will go right around where we are picking and is ideal for the scheme we want to run. That being said, if we don't draft D Line early and often, Jerry just isn't paying attention. I'm sorry, I mean Will McClay isn't paying attention. Garrett?