1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We Won't Make the Playoffs, Because...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Dec 4, 2012.

1. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I don't think the Ravens are frauds. I think they will do well against Washington and probably beat them.

Baltimores offense is hit or miss but I think Deangelo gets beat at least once deep by Torry Smith and Flacco will have a nice comeback game.
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Quite simple really... we need very little help...

Giants lose one, which is likely, and we win out, we go to the playoffs... not that we will do any damage if we make it...
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,457 Messages
    2,066 Likes Received
    my point was, that if we take care of our business, we have a great chance of getting in

the question is, can we take care of business?

a team with garrett as OC/HC..... i have my doubts
  4. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I don't think we need the Giants to lose to get in. I think 10-6 will get us in so I am really not worried about what the Giants and Redskins do the next 3 weeks
  5. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,694 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    pretty simple, how is it the Ravens are frauds?
  6. trickblue

28,850 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    I said the Ravens were frauds?
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,728 Messages
    2,402 Likes Received
    No, you said biscuits and gravy was a gift from the Gods. Want some?
  8. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    You really believe this team is going to win out?
  9. trickblue

28,850 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    I doubt it... was just stating we are pretty much in charge of our own destiny if the NJFG lose a game...
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It's unlikely. It's also unlikely that the Redskins are winning 7 of their last 8 games of the season or that the Giants are going to be able to navigate a tough final stretch without stumbling once, if not twice. Some unlikely scenario is going to play out in this division, and whoever wins the division isn't going to be exceedingly "good" by any traditional measure.
  11. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    We aren't going to make the playoffs, because we aren't good enough, this team isnt capable of putting four really good games together. Right now the redskins deserve to make the playoffs, the way they are playing.
  12. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

623 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Now that's funny!!!:lmao2:
  13. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,772 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    Murray, Felix and Dunbar had success running on the Ravens defense so a downhill runner like Morris should put up his 3rd straight 100 yard performance against them. With Suggs out Baltimore is going to have their work cut out for them stopping Morris and RG3.
  14. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,694 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    no you didnt, the original OP did, i was just seeing what you were gonna say about that.
  15. Wayne02

2,260 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    I don't think it's unlikely at all that the Redskins win out. They're playing a injury hit Ravens team, a pretty bad Browns team, an Eagles team that is playing their backups and the Cowboys to end the season. That's a much more manageable schedule than what the Cowboys or Giants have in front of them.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,728 Messages
    2,402 Likes Received
    Translation for everyone who did not get it. The OP said the Ravens are frauds not because of their record this year, but because they play the Giants and the Redskins and after losing yet another key cog they are not the same team. He's openly questioning whether they can win those games and help us. I didn't think it was too hard to grasp.
  17. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It's pretty likely that the Redskins won't win 7 out of their last 8 games because the Redskins are just not a very good team. I know they're the ESPN darling at the moment because they've reached a stellar and applause worthy 6-6 record (in contrast to our horrendous and embarrassing 6-6 record) and everyone has short term memory and the world didn't exist previous to 2 weeks ago. But when you get beaten by the St Louis Rams and Carolina Panthers, you can't really just chalk up games against the Browns (who give good teams fits every week) as easy wins.

Redskins have already won 3 in a row and have gotten some pretty nice breaks (see RG3 fumbling the ball into a teammates arms for a TD last night). They're pretty overdue a stinker, and if the air starts to the deflate out of the ballon a little bit that ESPN bandwagon might start emptying faster than you can say Tim Tebow.
  18. Wayne02

2,260 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    Yea the Cowboys and Redskins have the same record but who is playing better football right now? You're deluding yourself if you think the Cowboys are playing better football than Washington right now. The Cowboys will be lucky to win a game during this last stretch. They haven't played a complete football game since week 1 against NY.
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,986 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    When we played Balt, Suggs did not play. Dallas also knocked out Lewis and Webb and the Ravens still somehow managed to win. Every team is injured at this point and I think Balt has a good chance to beat both of them.
  20. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,561 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    correct, plain and simple