1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We Won't Make the Playoffs, Because...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Dec 4, 2012.

1. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,462 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    yep, for some reason nobody can figure out the skins' high school offense and rg3 has a golden horseshoe up his you know what.
  2. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    and you will still be watching.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,700 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I don't think they are frauds... I think they are inconsistent...

When they are hitting on all cylinders they are tough to beat. For some reason or another, they aren't as consistent this year as they have been in previous years...
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Things have a way of normalizing if given enough time. Still a whole lot of football left to be played.
  5. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    we aren't going 10-6.

period. we'll struggle to make 8-8 in my opinion
  6. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Exactly.

Not sure why people even log in here and feign interest in this team if they've already thrown in the towel and quit on us with 25% of the season left to go.

Might as well get another hobby and enjoy that if this team is making you so miserable.
  7. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,141 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    that's exactly right. we got some key guys back and it showed. if we can get more guys back for the stretch run this team might actually look like a contender.
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    867 Likes Received
    :bow:

We really need the Ravens to take care of our divisional rivals down the stretch, but they just lost to a Charlie Batch QB team at home. :eek:
  9. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Agreed.

This team is more than capable of winning out so long as they can continue to work together. They've put it together a lot in the second half of games. I see that translating to all 4 quarters down the stretch here.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,819 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    I would be stunned if the Cowboys or Redskins win 10 games. Neither team is remotely good enough to go on that kind of run. That would be 5 straight for the Cowboys. 7 straight for the Redskins. It isn't happening.
  11. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,281 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    We simply are not good enough on both sides of the ball plus coaching!
  12. bud42

bud42 Member

60 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, fellas, 4 weeks to go. Cincinnati will be a loss. Pittsburgh will be a loss. New orleans will be a loss. Wasington will be another loss! This team stinks! We have no inside linebackers(which will be exploited) The secondary(is really secondary!) Good Luck on 6 - 10
  13. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

They are not as good as they were last year. They miss a very underrated guy on defense who they lost via free agency. Jarrett Johnson. Has made a huge impact on their ability to stop the run.

If we run the table and go 10-6 we will win the division. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.
  14. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

875 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I don't understand why people seem to think the Cowboys can end the regular season winning 5 games in a row.They haven't showed those kind of capabilities all year long.I'm all for having some hope,but it's just not realistic.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,932 Messages
    3,875 Likes Received
    We probably don't need 5 in a row. And we just finished winning 3 of 4, not that anyone can tell around here.
  16. rwalters31

rwalters31 Member

427 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    While, win one game and we get delusional about how good we are. The Giants got healthy last year at the right time and fielded a very good DL and not bad OL. The biggest thing they had was consistency. This year has been different for them and I think it is injuries that has affected their game.

Now look at the Cowboys. Are they injured, are they consistent, are they outstanding in any phase of the game. It does not take a genius to figure out that we are not good enough to be in the playoffs. If we get there it will be due to the other teams going into the tank not our play.:(
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,932 Messages
    3,875 Likes Received
    Nobody's deluded. I think everyone just realizes that all three teams in the running have limitations.

And we've won three of four, btw. Not that anybody's counting because they're too sad about the way we're winning.
  18. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if we win out, the chances of doing damage is greater than not.
  19. AmericasTeam31

AmericasTeam31 Active Member

1,226 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    You mean the Charlie Batch team that sat behind his #1 defense? The defense that gave up less than 300 total yards? That Charlie Batch? The Redskins rank 31st in pass defense (that's next to last), they can't and won't be sitting behind any defense waiting for them to bail them out with turnovers like Pittsburgh does.
  20. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    So this guarantees a Baltimore win over Washington? Interesting.