1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Weekend scouting report -- Who'd you watch? Who looked good?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by VACowboy, Oct 17, 2011.

1. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,582 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Virginia played Georgia Tech and the triple option this weekend. Tech came in averaging something like 27 yards a completion, but hit on only three short pass plays to RB's Saturday. A lot of the credit for that goes to Chase Minnifield, who played superb man coverage, grabbed a pick and cracked the heads of Tevin Washington and his pitch men all day. He may not be the best CB in the draft, but he covers like a blanket and loves to hit.

Todd Anderson is a 6-2, 265 pound MAULER at the FB position. Man, does he knock heads. I have no idea where he's projected to go in the draft, but I'd love to see him in Dallas next year.

Keep an eye on David Paulson, TE from Oregon. He's a heck of a blocker and not a priority target in that offense, but he's faaaast, just like the rest of that team. He made a catch for a TD Saturday night that showed me the kid has receiving talent. Mebbe the field stretching TE we're looking for.

Did Burfict even play?
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    While I wont even try to admit I know much about scouting QB's, I don't even attempt it often I will admit I'm developing a man crush on Ryan Tannehill.