1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Weird Al Videos

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jul 17, 2014.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,416 Messages
    3,657 Likes Received
    I enjoyed his stuff back in the day but have not heard much from him in the last few years.

He has a new CD coming out and has been releasing free videos the last few days...so far I like a couple of them...

Liked the two above...not really digging the one below...

BigStar likes this.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

60,416 Messages
    3,657 Likes Received
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,428 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    Word Crimes is awesome
  4. speedkilz88

20,428 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    Party In The CIA not bad either. Not sure if it's part of the new album.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    dang copyright people...
  6. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasin Zone Supporter

3,406 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    Agree Word Crimes w@s "freakin" "hilarious". Weird Al was great back in the 90s...forgot about him tbh
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  7. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,768 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    Weird Al doesn't get enough respect. The guy is good at what he does. Pop music isn't my bag, baby. More punk rock type guy.

If you are familiar with the original source material it helps. Sadly I am familiar with what the three parodies I have heard so far:

I have a 10 year old. Of course I've heard "Happy". I have to say, Pharrell Williams song is very catchy. I can understand why it was so popular. Weird Al does a great job IMO with his version "Tacky", the video especially sells the song with all the guests in it.
    I read about a song called "Fancy" that's video was taken from the movie Clueless so I watched it. Wish I hadn't, the song got stuck in my head for a good week and a half. Always happens with songs I don't like. Al's "Handy" is funny, better than the original.

After hearing about the controversial "Blurred Lines" video with women naked in it, I had to go check it out. You know, for educational purposes. I have to say Al has another song with "Word Crimes" to rival some of his best work ever.
  8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,253 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Royals was good
  9. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,853 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Yeah. The second half of the video takes an amusing turn.
  10. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,490 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    He's probably had his best stuff the last 10-15 years.

His latest album just continues that trend. I like his earlier stuff too. But he has only gotten better over the years.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

60,416 Messages
    3,657 Likes Received

The guy above just does not understand the internet and using it to advertise your upcoming album while not making money for the videos. Al tries to explain it to no avail.

NOW maybe he should go back on the show and say...this is why I did it for free...

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...lbum-mandatory-fun-tops-billboard-200-2014237

He gets his first #1 album on the billboard charts and in order to do that he is having great sales on his new album.
  12. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,632 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    Say what you want about the guy, but he's very intelligent. He hadn't aged in 20 years since he got rid of the mustache and glasses.

Anyone else see his movie UHF? It's great.
  13. speedkilz88

20,428 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    Varney is a financial guy. He just wanted him to explain to the viewers how and why he did it this way to make his money.