This has never happened to me in the many years I have been on computers. I have had this optical mouse at work for close to a year...never a problem with it in the past. However two times today I have went on break, came back and when to left click with the mouse and have been shocked...like a static shock, a loud pop and I feel it. Then the mouse dies...just locks up but everything else works fine. I have to unplug and restart the computer before it will work again. Odd thing is I touch the door handle and do not get a shock and only take a couple of steps to my computer so I doubt it has time for static to build back up that quickly. So I just changed the mouse out. Just wondering if anyone has ever had that problem or has ever even heard of it.