1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Weird neighbors...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by tupperware, May 14, 2012.

1. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    My parents have next door neighbors who seem.. let's just say, slightly off. Very peculiar people. To make a long story short, they were pretty okay until at some point there was an argument over some trash that was thrown in to my parents yard. Since then, they've placed a small mirror on the side of their house (flat against their house, mind you) pointed directly at my parent's house. They've recently 'upgraded' it to a much bigger mirror now. Does anyone have any earthly idea what that could be about?
  2. Hostile

Hostile Jason Garrett's Loudest Supporter Zone Supporter

119,419 Messages
    3,670 Likes Received
    Mirror, mirror on the wall, who has the weirdest neighbors of all?

No idea man. I had a neighbor whose son I think is a sociopath in the making. I am glad to no longer live near him.
  3. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,528 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    love these stories, the mirror thing is new, what do they hope to accomplish with that.

a neighbor of mine used to leave his backligh on, which didnt bother me, but one day i asked him why he does it, and he said so he can see the intruder. I said you can see him while you asleep. U didnt make it safer for you, you made it safer for people to break into your house because now they can see what they are doing.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,546 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    People attempting to break in generally prefer darkness to having a light on. :laugh2:
  5. kapolani

kapolani Well-Known Member

1,288 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Your parents should install a larger mirror opposite the neighbor's mirror.

Could have some cool Inception thing going on...
  6. dcdallaschick

dcdallaschick Member

312 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The people who used to live in the townhouse next door had a college-age son who delivered for Pizza Hut. Whenever we ordered, he acted like we were complete strangers when he came to our door. They've since moved away, but he does still "anonymously" bring our pizza from time to time. Wacko.
  7. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    shoot out the mirror with a bb gun in the middle of the night
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i wouldnt order from pizza hut anymore. he could also be "anonymously" adding his own ingredients to your pizza
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Here's what I think is happening. They put this large mirror up not because they want to see your parents but because they don't want to see your parents. They think they are vampires. I'm sure if you look closely they also installed a video camera that is focused on the mirror from the opposite angle which they can film the mirror at night with a night vision lens because they probably don't cast an image in the mirror. They can't do it during the daytime because obviously vampires don't come out at night. Now while they may see your parents sometimes in the daytime, they realize they are using their cloaking ability to move about freely during the day "appearing" to be regular humans.

Can you tell me, have they invested in any large crucifixes and placed them in their yard?
  10. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    one day while living in hermitage, tn the police start ringing my bell at about 2AM and asked me what I knew about my neighbors and if I knew why anyone wanted them dead and if i seen anything as I see the sliding glass door is broken to their apartment and the blood stains on the ground...I heard nothing, I saw nothing but than I sleep with the radio on...my exwife who was from Germany (about 2 months into living in America at the time) said she thought all those tv shows were just made up in hollywood and no one would do such horrid things in real life...I really hated for that to happen to her but after a few more horrible incidents in and around the Nashville area I finally took her back to Germany. It wasn't too extraordinary to what we have grown up with but it was a shock for her. (not much news ever coming out of the black forest region the worse it ever usual got was the tongue lashing you would get if you missed your turn of communal cleaning in and around the apartment complex):laugh2:
  11. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Me too, when I was about 15 we had a family move in next door to us. Their son was a couple years younger than me, and about two years after they moved in he killed a neighborhood cat. Kid always seemed kinda crazy.
  12. Hostile

Hostile Jason Garrett's Loudest Supporter Zone Supporter

119,419 Messages
    3,670 Likes Received
    I think this kid hung a very friendly stray cat that one of my neighbors used to feed.
  13. tupperware

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Wow are you serious? I'm not sure. I'll have to check.
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

22,766 Messages
    1,906 Likes Received
    Tell your parents to get a laser pointer and aim it at the mirror.
  15. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,546 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    There was a kid named Damien that lived in the neighborhood across the street from ours. He killed several cats. From cutting their heads off, to completely disemboweling one. He even burned a few of them them alive in trash cans. I think he killed at least 12 to 14 cats before the Police figured out it was him and took him away. He would leave them out in the open to be found too.

I never heard what happen to him after the took him away. I think his parents moved away within the next six months after the Police took him.
  16. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This kid skinned the cat and put it on the family's front porch. Somebody had seen him take the cat from their yard a couple days earlier and he was arrested.
  17. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

No, I'm not serious. But the people sound bat crap crazy.
  18. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's one of my biggest fears about having children because some people are just born without a conscience. No amount of parenting can save kids like this.
  19. tupperware

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Normally I'd know better but because they're so crazy I don't know what to believe.
  20. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,434 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    The funniest neighbor story I ever heard was told to me by my dad about his girlfriend. Keep in mind as you read this that she is a mild mannered accountant, upper 50's at the time, pretty subdued and Ive never seen her display any sort of temper or aggression.

She had a small bush of some sort that was very close to the property line of her neighbor. For no discernible reason, this bush really upset her neighbor and the neighbor would yell what we think were obsenities in korean at my dads girlfriend, I think she may have even asked if she could cut it down but my dads girlfriend refused with just seemed to fan the flames of anger in her neighbor.

After what may have been years of subtle conflict and back and forth, including funny events like my dads girlfriend spraying her neighbor with the hose whenever she turned her back, I guess the little korean lady snapped.

My dads girlfriend was drinking coffee one morning and had a view of the area where the bush is located when all of a sudden she sees the blur of a little korean lady charging the bush and tackling it and I guess attempting to rip it out of the ground.

Of course my dads girlfriend went out and stopped the lady, the korean ladies husband came out and pulled her away from the bush as she was spewing who knows what in Korean. The korean lady didn't leave and decided to plant herself right on the property line bent over doing something to her yard right on the property line. My dads girlfriend couldn't resist and ran toward her, swung back her foot and kicked the lady square in the butt, sending her tumbling across the yard. The neighbors husband grabbed her and took her inside and that apparently ended the conflict for the day.

I wish there was a youtube of this event because if you could see the parties involved, it would make the story even more funny.

My dads girlfriend ultimately sold her house and moved, so I don't know whatever happen to that korean lady, I suppose she's battling out with her new neighbors or perhaps she got the bush removed before the new owners moved in.

I'm sure there are much more crazy neighbor stories, but that's the funniest one I've ever heard.