1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Welkers Wife goes on Rant after loss

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sbark, Jan 21, 2013.

1. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Okay, think I got it right this time
  2. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,930 Messages
    1,050 Likes Received
    Congrats to Welker - she is hot.
  3. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,521 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    6 kids from 4 different moms. no way is he there for them like a normal dad would be. That would require santa like capabilities.

be honest, if you meet a women that has 6 kids from 4 different men, you take a low opinion of her decisions.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,890 Messages
    4,241 Likes Received
    [IMG]

It's called the double standard, Bobby.
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,918 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    Spawned from truth.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Not everyone is so fortunate to have a "normal" upbringing, with a mom and a dad in a nice big house with a white picket fence and a puppy. Doesn't mean the children can't be raised properly and have a great life. As i said, the kids could be having a better upbringing than you or me, for all we know. We don't know the nature of the relationships at all, is the point.

I would also imagine when you are famous and are known to have money, that some women would try to throw themselves at you in an attempt to get at some of that money in some way.. its certainly not far fetched imo. When you're young and have money and women are throwing themselves at you, its easy to make mistakes.. no doubt.

Point is.. we don't know the situation, so why pass judgement? Especially on a person who has taken so many steps to turn their life around, and has helped so many needy families and disadvantaged youth with the forture he has been blessed with. Every NFL player has the ability to do alot of charity work and help alot of people.. not many choose to do as much as Ray has done over his career. He also mentors alot of guys on his team and is a leader on that team in every sense of the word.

Like i said before.. i hope he gets his ring, and i hope to heck that someday, somehow, we get a guy like him on this team.
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Exactly. ;)
  8. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

993 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Sir, you sound like a Christian man, so am I. I agree with your stance that pre-martial relations and creating children out of wedlock are the result of bad decisions. But where we differ is how we choose to judge him TODAY. Are we not called to forgive? Are we not called to treat others as we would like to be treated?

If you want to judge Ray Lewis, judge him based off the person he is today....not by the person he was yesterday. In this discussion, your morals are sound but your self-righteousness is not. When you condemn this man for what he's did YESTERDAY, when he's done everything within his ability to make amends TODAY, you're saying there is no redemption for anyone who attempts to change. That is not acceptable to me, many of the people who've commented in this discussion, and above all, the source of where your morals lie.
  9. WV Cowboy

10,918 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    Dude, I'm sorry, but you are the one making a fool of yourself.

You say I attack you, .. I never once mentioned you, never mentioned you & your father, or you & your son. You are the one that brought all of you into this thread. Not me.

I was talking about Ray Lewis, .. I never mentioned you or anyone else.

If you cannot see the difference between one child with one woman, .. and 6 children with four women, .. then you will never get my point.
  10. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He didn't say you attacked him.. your reading comprehension skills are about on par with your logic, i see.

BTW.. the post above yours that i quoted here.. you should read it. We all get your point, its not complicated.. most just don't agree with you.

:)
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Agree with everything here. Expertly worded.
  12. WV Cowboy

10,918 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    I'm not judging Ray Lewis, I have made no statement about his judgement.

That is not for me to say.

He has not done anything to me so it is not up to me to forgive him either.

I said earlier in this thread I really don't care one way or the other about Ray Lewis.

Take Ray Lewis out of this equation if you want to. It doesn't change my opinion.

My point in this thread has been in response to those that say having multiple kids with multiple women is not that big of a deal. That is what brought me into this discussion.

I am not judging him or his actions, only pointing out right from wrong. His actions were only the example given.

Those type of actions are wrong.
  13. WV Cowboy

10,918 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    Are you sure you want to discuss reading comprehension?
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    If you can read those two quotes you just posted and understand a difference.. we certainly can.
  15. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,692 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Is Ray Lewis spending time in the Balt/DC area going from school to school telling kids what mistakes he's made .......and "preaching" to them not to make the same mistakes he has?.....Maybe that is what he is doing inside his Charity work--I dont know........ is there indication he is trying to prevent his role as a sports role model from being translated to being ok to the DC area Youths

Is he doing everything in his ability to make amends today?
  16. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

993 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    He's created his own foundation, and is also involved in USAID.

"He established the Ray Lewis 52 Foundation to provide personal and economic assistance to disadvantaged youth. The foundation has funded such events as adopting ten families in Baltimore City community for the holidays, an annual celebrity auction and bowling tournament, the Great Maryland Duck Derby, Thanksgiving food drives on North Avenue in Baltimore and Ray’s Summer Days.

Lewis has also been involved in pressing political, business, and philanthropic leaders for a stronger commitment to disability sports both here and in the developing world."

Read more: http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/ray-lewis

I found that within two minutes with google. I'm sure there may be more, although that is certainly more than the vast majority of Americans do.
  17. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,404 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    yeah and he is nothing special, he did well for himself

of course she didn't date him because he was a football player, she truly thought he was a nice guy and definitely would have gone out with him if he were just a cook at Hooters.
  18. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,404 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    um isn't saying something is "wrong" a judgment?
  19. Eric_Boyer

4,521 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    he clearly implied he viewed this as a personal attack on himself :rolleyes:
  20. Eric_Boyer

4,521 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    good for you.

now go do it 3 more times, and I will happily point out how you don't seem to learn from bad decisions.