1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Welkers Wife goes on Rant after loss

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sbark, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Sancitmonious jealousy.
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what bad decision has he made that he should learn from???
  3. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

same for vick bashers I guess. They are just jealous.

And don't dare criticize Rattlif and his dui.

like it or not, (I like it), society looks down on those people that sleep around and have children while not belonging to a committed relationship.
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and you know for a fact that is what happened with Ray Lewis?? you know the details behind each of his kids?
  5. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    if you can't figure that out by now, I'm not wasting time explaining the obvious.

for the others, society has certain views on what constitutes a good role model. Ray Lewis will never be one for the vast majority living in this country (yay!!!)
  6. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was not talking about Ray Lewis with that question. I was talking about the other poster you directed the post at.
  7. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I would not use his personal relationships as a good role model for my children as well.

if he takes offense to that, tough
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you don't know anything about his personal relationship. wow, the gall of some people blows my mind...
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,309 Messages
    341 Likes Received
  10. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received

I know what he shared, which is enough to know it isn’t a model of how I want my children’s relationships to turn out.
  11. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and you claimed he made a bad decision. how about you go tell his son that he was a bad decision??? this crap is sickening
  12. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    "all of society" makes no sense to me. I don't deal in absolutes (they are always wrong :) )
  13. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received

Ratliff also made a bad decision. Do I have to go tell him in person, or can I share my opinion on this forum. :rolleyes:
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Let's leave Vick and Ratliff out of the discussion as they are completely different situations and will only serve to cloud the issue.

Now then, since you "like it" that society looks down on "those people," do you support Mrs. Welker's actions?
  15. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    no. they are a great example of how people judge people all the time around here.

The problem with her actions is they were motivated by competition, not a sense of right and wrong.

If she penned an op ed to the paper explaining how Ray Lewis is a poor role model and the league is hypocritical pumping him up as someone to look up to, I would of respected it more.

I’m not defending her, I’m defending WV Cowboy and his desire to share his personal views on what constitutes a good role model.
  16. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Someone who made mistakes when they were young and has gone on to become a more mature adult, help many many needy families and disadvantaged youth through founding his own charity and giving up much of his own time and wealth to help people is a bad role model now?

Mrs. Welker is as hypocritical as the rest of us.. she takes offense because she feels the man doesn't respect women, yet everything she has in life, she's gotten because she flaunts her body to flame men's sexual desires.
  17. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    What constitutes a good role model is a personal thing.

A person that fathered 6 kids from 4 different women will never be a good role model to me.

If this offends someone that fathered 2 kids from two different women, tough. It’s my opinion, and I am comfortable sharing it.

YMMV.

A person that got multiple DUI’s, no longer how long ago, also will be a poor role model to me.

If that offends people on this site that got 1 DUI, tough.
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Your opinion is noted.. and offered in a way that i respect it, even though i disagree with it.

Far different from someone coming on here saying, "This is right, and this is wrong, and this is a bad man, and this is a good man, etc.."
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,309 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    except WVCowboy's view of good role model is based on a 1950s model of the world where there are good boys/bad boys and good girls/bad girls. It is hard to listen to advice on women to someone who probably has only ever had one girlfriend and been only with one woman.
  20. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    This is so much more of a personal attack then anything WV did to anyone on here.

Personally, I think we act too rashly in throwing out traditions myself. The 1950’s model of personal responsibility is not something I look down upon.