1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Welkers Wife goes on Rant after loss

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sbark, Jan 21, 2013.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,618 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Would you like to go back to a time where girls who got in trouble had to go away to "visit relatives"?

The 1950s values are nothing to write home about.

Societal values change over time.

As I wrote in other threads, 200 years ago, people thought slavery was fine, that it was allright to treat children as property, that women had no right to vote/own property etc.

Those were traditions at that point. I am sure there were people like you back then who bemoaned those changes.

Hell, let's go back further into the past. Women were stoned for adultery (still happens in Islamic world). Those are their traditions and they force personal responsibility on people. Would you like that traditional system?
  2. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,636 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    They didn’t have to go away. No law existed stating they had to go away.

Today’s society of fatherless home, lack of respect for personal responsibility and the value of life is worse.

I’ll take a thousand Sally’s shipped of to relative’s to escape family embarrassment over a single Sandy Hook thank you very much.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,618 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    You aren't actually trying to tie in school shootings with the end of 1950s values are you?
  4. Eric_Boyer

4,636 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    This isn't about 1950’s values – you brought that time frame into play. In the past, Ray Lewis would of never been looked up to by anybody of importance. Sadly, that is not the case today.

I do tie the increased violence today with our lack of respect for responsibility, property and life.

I could go on a huge political discussion of this very thing, but I won’t.
  5. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    That would be painting with a broad brush, and is precisely why I don't feel compelled to discuss them in this thread.

Which is exactly why I responded with "sanctimonious jealousy." You replied with a sarcasm emoticon.

See above.

Also know that Anna Burns Welker has made some decisions that many in society would also "look down" on. Sexually suggestive poses for the camera while topless and using only her hands to cover her breasts. Knowing she has participated in that type of behavior, it wouldn't matter how or when she decided to call out Ray Lewis publicly. The hypocrisy she would be engaging in while trying to draw moral distinctions would leave me with little respect for her actions.

I don't begrudge WV his opinion, nor the opinion of others to disagree with it. That's what we do here.
  6. Eric_Boyer

4,636 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    your definition of sanctimonious must be out of whack
  7. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,302 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    So now my son is a "bad decision"?
  8. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,302 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Yeah let's see....served in the military, fought in a war, obtained a bachelor's degree, obtained a masters degree, coached youth football, have a significant income that allows me to do most things I desire, and provide direction, guidance and mentorship to my son to ensure that he takes advantage of the opportunities in life.....nah...I am a horrible role model, who wants to be like me.
    :lmao:
  9. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    The definition of a good role model has not changed since the 50's, 60's, 70's .. even in 2013.

The only thing is there are just less of them around today for our young men to look up to.

Is it the athletes? No
    Is it the coaches? No
    Musicians? No
    Politicians? No
    Actors? No
    CEO's? No

Truth is .. there are very few men in our society for our young men to look up to today. So if we want our sons to have a good role model, we better be one ourselves.

That has been my goal.

For those that want their son to look up to men that father 6 kids with 4 women, none of whom were his wife, .. that is your call.

Oh, and I have not given any "advice on women" in this thread that I remember.

But I am very proud of the fact that I have been with the same girl for going on 42 years, .. very grateful for what we have and the love we share, very proud of the two sons that we raised together.

More crazy about her with each passing day.

I am old fashioned to a fault, I know that I am, but I am very comfortable thank you.
  10. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :laugh1: How did that work out for ya?
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    You raised your family a certain way, and guess what? It worked for you.

Congratulations.. really.

However, there are other families who raise their children in many different ways, and guess what? It works out for them alot of the time too.

Im glad you're comfortable with the way you formed your family and the way you raised your children.. but your way isn't the only "right" way and everyone else who doesn't do it specifically like you isn't doing it the "wrong" way.. so sit back in your smug little throne high above us all and continue to act like you are fit to judge anything other than your own choices..

..and most of us will continue to mock your ignorance. I just pray its not something you passed on to your children.
  12. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I love that dance he does. As a person, I have no idea what kind of guy he is. He may be very sorry about what happened to those 2 young guys. But, if Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker were my family members, I would have a very hard time forgetting about it.

Wes Welker's wife needs to wait at least 48 hours to post on social media if she is upset about a loss.
  13. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    6 kids by 4 women. It's adorable how the first words from all of them were, "Don't say nothin'."
  14. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Maybe if the parents would have raised those two better, they wouldn't be hanging out at bars picking fights with big, strong football players. Perhaps they can dwell on that in between their grief instead of acting like their kids were innocent victims and whining that justice wasn't served.

Don't get me wrong.. its a tragedy that they both lost their lives, but sometimes that's what happens when you go around picking fights with people.
  15. Eric_Boyer

4,636 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    I seriously doubt it went down as you suggest.

From my understanding, Ray Lewis had his foot stepped on, and he and his people escalated matters from there.
  16. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. Good post.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You need to respect those that are wiser and older than you. You are too young and dumb to the ways of the world. You have alot of nerve to call his views ignorant when you haven't been around long enough to know the difference.
  18. WV Cowboy

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    First, I never said my way was the only right way.

Also, I never mentioned that anyone not specifically like me is doing it the wrong way.

You are over-reacting and exaggerating.

I have only stated that having 6 kids with 4 different women, none your wife, .. is wrong. I continue to stand by that. I would say the same if I had 6 kids by 4 different women. I am not judging the person doing it, just saying that it is wrong. There is a difference.

LOL, LOL, you are really something else, .. what I'm not sure.

You accuse me of judging, which I am not. And then proceed to judge me, Welkers wife, the parents and families of Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker. Did I miss anyone?

Talk about a throne.
    :laugh2:

Bottom line, in this thread, my only point all along has been that whether it was Ray Lewis, me, you, or Jerry Jones, .. any man having 6 kids, 4 women, no wives, .. is wrong. On many levels.
  19. Eric_Boyer

4,636 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    You can’t claim something is wrong, and also claim you are not judging.

The determination between right and wrong requires a judgment.
  20. WV Cowboy

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    To know right from wrong is not judging.

To state what is right and what is wrong is not judging.

If I said whoever has 6 kids, 4 women, no wives is going to hell, .. that is judging.

I haven't judged the man, .. as a matter of fact I have stated a few times in this thread I don't really have any opinion of Ray Lewis either way. Don't really care about him. Even said we could remove Ray Lewis from the equation, and it would not change my stance on 6 kids, 4 women.

I even said if it were me, I would feel the same.

All I am stating is what is right -vs- wrong.

I guess I am surprised, and was caught of guard that some see having 6 kids with 4 women as ok.