1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Welkers Wife goes on Rant after loss

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sbark, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Umm, there are more definitions of judgment then the biblical one.

You are making a judgement here. What you are doing matches one definition of judgement to a T.
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,686 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    As I said, knowing right from wrong is not judging.

This is not just my opinion or something. This is way bigger than me. This is what I have been taught by my parents, teachers, pastors, many of those in authority over me, ... and found to be true.

I don't think knowing right from wrong is judging.

Just let it be known that I am not passing judgment on Ray Lewis.

I don't concern myself with what others are doing, I have enough trouble keeping myself in line.

But multiple kids, multiple women, no wives, .. is wrong. Much of what I have stated in this thread is just describing the consequences of this wrong.
  3. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    There is no way we can proceed with such a discussion on this site, so I will just say I respectfully disagree with your views on universal morality.
  4. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,686 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    That's cool. :cool:

A lot probably do. That's the world we live in now.
  5. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    it's the way we have always lived.

a great example is how we once thought 13 year old girls were ready for marriage.

today that is simply not acceptable.

morality changes. alot.
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,301 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Nail, meet hammer.
  7. Eric_Boyer

4,390 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    bump. I laughed
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Ray Lewis' two friends, who he testified against, walked and were aquitted of charges after two men were murdered because they said it was self defense.

..I highly doubt it went down as you suggest, sir. I also see no proof of your claim anywhere i search on the subject.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    It seems no one in the entire thread really agrees with what you're saying.

Anyone with half a brain can clearly see you are judging the man's character.
  10. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Who are you and why do you speak as if you know me at all?
  11. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I saw this to and was like, who does he think he is?
    dude he's just putting you in your spot! you 'ol whipper snapper youngin' you lol
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    lol

My guess would be he's one of those ol' timers who thinks that wisdom = years on this planet.
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I know you Roy and you know me. We been down this road before. WV Cowboy is a stand-up guy. You could learn alot from him.
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I am not an old-timer, more like a mid-timer. I am old enough to know that age =wisdom. I went through the stage that you are in at this point of your life. In about twnety years you will look back and realize that you weren't so smart after all. Life is a great teacher. The longer you live, the more it will teach you.
  15. snowrider

snowrider New Member

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This has been an entertaing read,for sure. Thanks guys
  16. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,234 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Amen. It is incredibly disappointing to read members justifying this. I guess the star power of Ray Lewis overcomes common sense and decency.

Sad.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I agree. Lewis is one of many that has their behaviour overlooked due to the simple reason that they have done well in sports. The same thing goes for many entertainers. I think it speaks volumes about priorities in our culture.
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Well, first off.. my name isn't Roy.

You know nothing about me other than what i post on a football board.

WV may be a stand up guy.. im not arguing that, in fact, i said i agree with what his moral values appear to be. However, i, and many others, don't agree with his stance on this topic. He's clearly judging a man he knows nothing about.. and then trying to proclaim that his way of doing things is the "right" way, and others ways are the "wrong" way.

Its silly and ignorant.. so i argued as much.. as did many others. Im not sure where you come in, but if you had some thoughts on the topic i'd enjoy reading them.. rather than just coming in all confrontational.
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Life is a great teacher.. which is why im not naive enough to believe such a simplistic view as yours. Age isn't the only bringer of wisdom and individuals all have different experiences at different times in their lives that bring them perspective on the world. Again, you know nothing about me.. or my morals, values, experiences, or beliefs, so please stop speaking as if you have a clue. That's ignorance to a "T".
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Justifying what.. exactly?