1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Welkers Wife goes on Rant after loss

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sbark, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,312 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    Every thread that comes up concerning the moral conduct of a star player, you have a habit of excusing his actions and at times, defending the actions. Me and you have debated many times. You have a short memory. We have debated enough on these topics that I know what your position will be. Unless your post are total BS, you have expressed your values and morals enough in previous post for me to know what they are. This is not our first rodeo, so there is no need for the "you don't know me" thing.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Where have i excused or defended the actions of a star player? Since you know me so well, lol.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,312 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    I will call you hammer so that you are not offended. You take these arguments to heart. LOL Knowing that right is right and wrong is wrong is not judging. WV Cowboy considered Lewis's behaviour wrong. It was wrong before Lewis done it. If anything, the behaviour is bring judged.

I don't have a problem with "judging" myself. I call a thief a thief. That is not to say that he can't have some good qualities. Welker's wife told the truth about Lewis. If he gets labeled or judged, he earned it. A consistant type of wrong behaviour brings labels and judging with it. The only way to prevent this is for the person not to do it.
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,312 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    You defend Vick a while back for one.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,172 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    Just curious but what the heck does the number of women a person has been with have to do with rather they have good advice on how to treat women?

Obviously if the guy has only had one girlfriend or has been married a really long time to that one person he knows a little something about how to treat a woman. That's pretty quality advice, IMO.

I'd definately listen to a guy whose had 1 wife for 40+ years over a guy trying to tell me how to treat a woman whose 40 years old and has been married 3 or 4 times.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the guy whose had multiple chances and hasn't figured it out (which, btw, wouldn't be all on him either but none the less he'd share the blame in the failure of the relationship) isn't exactly the best person to give me advice, and certainly not better advice than a guy whose managed to keep the same woman happy for decades.

All that said I'm not sure how any of this has anything to do with Ray Lewis and rather or not he's a good person or father based on the fact that he's chosen to sleep with multiple people without being married.

To me, personally, I don't think people having had multiple partners makes them a good or bad person. Maybe that's just me.
  6. jusdre

jusdre Member

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:bow::bow:

One of the only people making sense around here.
  7. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,284 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    to prove something beyond a reasonable doubt is sometimes difficult.

the facts of the case show the dispute began over being stepped on. what happened after that is anyone's guess, but your suggestion is comical.

what is not comical is your ability to downplay that the two that died, died because some jerks brought knives to a bar fight.
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

14,932 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    When you say that someone else is wrong, it is judging, pure and simple.
  9. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't know that Ray wasn't married to the 4 women that had his kids. Shows how little I know about him :laugh2:

I don't know him personally, and I bet a lot of y'all defending him like somebody insulted your mom don't either.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,312 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    I have no problem with judging. I even judge my own decisions. Our own laws are judged. A person like Lewis is someone I don't care for.
  11. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

808 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    :clap2:

I've always wanted to do this...

/thread
  12. 5StarComboBreaker

5StarComboBreaker Member

30 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I see what you did there...
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

14,932 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    that is a big assumption on your part, just because someone is with someone for a long time does not mean they have necessarily been or are happy
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    My suggestion that they were aquitted is what actually happened.. its not a suggestion.
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    First, i never defended Vick's actions as you suggest.

Second, Lewis has helped more people in his life with his charity work than most of you in this thread combined i would wager.
  16. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,284 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    nice try.

your suggestion is the two dead people started the fight and the parents should be ashamed they raised such kids.

being acquitted does not mean your suggestion is correct. not even close.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,312 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
    Lewis is trying to buy his way into being a good person. Guilt does that. Some people fall for these PR gimmicks.
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    They did initiate the fight.. also, not a suggestion. ;)
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Yes, because no one makes mistakes when they are young and then matures and tries to live a good life from there on out.

Nope, everyone who makes mistakes when they are young and then grows up to live a good life and help many people are all doing it simply to try and get some credit for it.

You're dumb.. moving on.
  20. Hussein

Hussein Member

131 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think the guys RL testified against were acquitted of murder. It as found to be self-defense.