1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Werder: Cowboys Leaning Towards Norv for OC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LittleD, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,542 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    an inept gm makes it difficult for a play caller to succeed.

Garret has succeeded, even with an inept gm. Many of the names being thrown around have less success then he does. Mularkey is one such example.

This is a grass is greener effect. Garrett is not the problem. The culture Jerry Jones fosters is the problem.
  2. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,542 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    ps. the thing to be careful for, is you are wishing our idiot GM makes a different pick.

I am not anxious for that at all.
  3. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A high school waterboy would be a better OC than Garrett at this point.
  4. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,875 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Jerry's definitely pulling rank.

Truth is though, Turner and Kiffen are 2 of the proven best at what they do and would greatly aid Red on both sides of the ball.

That is of course if he's willing to let them put the sucker in his mouth after Jerry does.
  5. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I like both
  6. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,067 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I agree.

We are looking at needing experience in the role as OC.

And frankly, we all know Garrett is on thin ice. If he starts out crappy again in '13..

Jerrah has Norv here to takeover right off the bat.

I'm sorry, but Jerrah NEEDS to make this move to get a little insurance for the team with Garrett still on training wheels with his dual role as HC/OC.

We'll see.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPreSS:starspin
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Yeah, 'cause it's that easy.
  8. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Here is a question...and I hope this does NOT happen.

Is there any chance Jerry hedges his bets when it comes to the offense? By that I mean, he brings in a guy to help with the offense but allows Jason to still call the plays? This cant happen and I hope there is no chance of it. JG has to get his nose out of the offensive play charts on game day and coach and motivate the entire staff.
  9. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Norv won't be playing, so him losing a step won't affect us much.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    When they can't make it thru practice without taking a leak three times, it becomes a problem. Yes, age matters.
  11. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Much better to have young coaches that suck then old ones that are great at what they do! Good thinking.
  12. dupree89

1,970 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received

Thats why I want young, hungry guys as coordinators. Someone that pulls a Dick Vermeil from his young days and works so late that he just takes a quick nap in his office. It is natural, as we get older, to lose a little bit of the drive and determination. Especially when there is nothing for an older, successful guy to prove.
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,901 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    So we might have a 72-year-old DC, a 61-year-old OC, a 70-year-old GM....and Jason Garrett.

Garrett might want to get current on his CPR skills.
  14. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Not to take any blame away from Romo for the Redskin game, but it seems that when we need protection the most, we don't get it

Playoffs 2007, 2009 and Redskins last game 2012.

So the point about talent level is absolutely correct because without OLine, your skill position talent is wasted.
  15. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, so only insightful, fact-based posts are allowed? Do i need to include a chart as well? What about sources? Do I need sources? I wish I was sourced up like some people are on here. Let me know..I don't want to mess this up.
  16. dupree89

1,970 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    I dont think anyone wants a young guy that sucks. It goes back to my previous question that still hasnt been answered: Do we, The Dallas Cowboys organization, not have the resources in place to uncover a gem coordinator(off or def) ? Do we not have the people who can say...."this guy is ready to make the step up and he has every single thing you want in a coordinator, give this guy the job and let him perform". Do we not have resources to go find these guys? I am seriously asking.
  17. dupree89

1,970 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  18. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    they use an old system.

we need new fresh coaching and a new system nobody has seen before.
  19. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,674 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    This. Same system has been in place in Dallas for the better part of 21 years now in one form or another.

It's tired.
  20. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,460 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    If Jerry still wants to make things uncomfortable he can just take away the prunes and fiber from the breakfast bar.