1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Werder says Spencer will be gone

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 11, 2013.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,172 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    Absolutely!!!!

Need a change there too...

Just bc the offense sucked doesn't mean you don't fix a crap defense...

Gotta fix both
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Well I would think about franchising him again (I know the situation, no need to rehash it). Thats how important Spencer is to this team next year, if we actually want to win.

Now if we wanna be 8-8 again, let him walk, draft a DE in the first round and watch a replay of this last season while we suffer at OL and safety again.
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,172 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    No damn way should we keep spencer

Save that 8-10 million and get 2-3 decent players to fill other holes...
  4. Deep_Freeze

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Name another hole we have that is more important than a pass rusher.

As Katt Williams said......'Don't worry, I'll wait..'
  5. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Spencer wants to play here, or so I hear. A deal could be worked that benefits both sides. Stranger things have happened.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    I dunno, seems to be about 3 of them on the OL. C, RG, RT.

Having Spencer rush the passer is some dire need.....

Doug Free makes just about any pass rusher look like Anthony Spencer, if not better.......

Somehow, replacing RT isn't more important.
  7. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

1,988 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    He had too much pride to admit he sucks at running an offense. With that said i think he could be a damn good HC if he just focuses being just the HC.
  8. Hoofbite

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    I really hate to toot my own horn but this was foreseeable last offseason and was precisely why Dallas should not have Franchise Tagged him.

They left themselves with no outs.

The ONLY smart move right now is Franchise Tag and Trade, as I have said for a while now.
  9. Hoofbite

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    He had too much pride to admit obvious mistakes in managing a game.

What was his excuse for the Arizona debacle? They felt comfortable from that distance?
  10. Deep_Freeze

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Pass rusher is a premium position, and very hard to get after the first round no matter how you slice it.

We also have needs on the OL and at safety, so if we actually want to improve next season I would rather have Spencer in at pass rusher and worry about those other positions come draft time. Going into the draft needing to replace Spencer forces that first round pick, no other way around it.
  11. Hoofbite

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    I hate to say it but until an OC is in the house, I really don't believe one will be brought in.

Sucks because you are right in another post, offense was just as bad and yet the only change they've made is Peete.
  12. Hoofbite

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    I don't think the team is in a position to say that they can't afford to lose Spencer. They should have locked him up longterm last offseason if they felt he was so important.

Too many other holes, just as there was last offseason.

I think Dallas can improve plenty without Spencer. I see tons of room to improve on the offense and Spencer doesn't play on that side of the ball.

If you're suggesting Dallas will automatically be worse no matter what else happens because Spencer is gone, I think you're overreacting.
  13. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,354 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    depends on how traditional Kiffin gets with his 4-3, most of them do not employ 1 techs
  14. Deep_Freeze

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Nah I'm not saying worse, I'm saying about the same mediocre 8-8 we have been. We will have to fill that position somehow, and while I like the idea of plugging in Crawford there, is that really a plan we can count on working at this point cause you have to question his edge rush ability at this level.

We could use the Spencer money to fill out the OL, great. Then who do we have at pass rusher, Ware on one side and who else....a prayer that Crawford can do it?? Cause we have noone who can be an edge rusher at DE on this roster, at least we have some OL, if we lose Spencer we have nothing at a premium position at all.
  15. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,094 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    not a bad idea at all.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  16. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,203 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Replace "never" with "rarely" and you've got a winner.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,134 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    It's almost like the Cowboys bet on him being average and they lost that bet.
  18. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He's not gone yet.

Other than people thinking that the cost will be prohibitive, I can't find anything that makes me believe he is going to be gone. I don't think you invest in him, pay him, spend all of that time, and watch him blossom just to let him walk.

By the way, can anyone actually show me where Werder said Spencer would be gone.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,459 Messages
    1,953 Likes Received
    I really don't know why he wouldn't stay, too.

Maybe Werder got that info from Lacewell? He didn't seem to think to much of Spencer, at least in this system, in that one article.
  20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,863 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Just want point out that I scooped You through Werder 3 hours earlier. I'm bored :)

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=251259