1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: We're being spied on

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by bb721, Jun 11, 2014.

1. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,530 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    Wow because of this I looked at a linked video of a woman beating a teen boy who was just using his quadcopter to record beach aerial footage in Connecticut. You should watch that this idiot woman thinks you cannot video record people in public so she takes her hatred out on the kid just for his hobby. Search "Quadcopter Pilot Assaulted at Hammonasset Beach".

Too many people think these are drones and they are "stealing privacy" or whatever nut jobs are paranoid about, they don't even know basic laws.
    casmith07 likes this.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,773 Messages
    4,331 Likes Received
    Interference with helicopters seems like a problem.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,922 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    If anyone's ever taken a photo in public, then they probably have no real room to talk about being creeped out by these things. It's a bunch of hobbyists having a little fun, but there will be bad apples, I'm sure.

Just like there are plenty of people that take photos on the street an a small percentage that are trying to shoot up women's skirts, you'll hear about the skirt creeps but not the normal people.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,973 Messages
    3,541 Likes Received
    I don't know how close landing patterns are to their but you are going to be around 500 ft or so when landing a small plane while in the pattern. A drone into a prop or jet engine is nothing I'd like to experience.
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,109 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    lol how is it creepy? I mean unless he used it to spy on some teenage girls or something.

Don't know if he should get in trouble unless he planned on selling it or using it for something else.
  6. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    1,543 Likes Received
    Who else thought, "dang Bellichick is at it again" when they seen the title? I know I did. :D
  7. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,050 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    Funny you say that. There was a local news report in my area about this guy who was flying one around and looking in people's windows. The kicker was that the way the law read it was completely legal.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,973 Messages
    3,541 Likes Received
    This drone thing is going to be a MESS.
  9. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,747 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    Yeah, the FAA really missed the boat on regulating it. It doesn't all fall on the FAA though, there are a lot of privacy concerns. insurance concerns (for commercial operators), and municipal concerns. It is a giant mess that no one seemed to adequately prepare for.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,564 Likes Received
    I've seen that. Terrible.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,564 Likes Received
    Treat them like cars. Require a license and registration and insurance. Done.
    randy932 likes this.