1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

We're not beating Oaktown...are we....

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ScottCase, Sep 26, 2005.

1. ScottCase

ScottCase Benched

216 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    - They're as good an 0-3 as there is

- Kerry Collins always shreds us

- Keith Davis v.s. Moss and Co.- Yuck

- You don't win 3 in row on the road in the NFL

:(
  2. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,062 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Well then give us an loss if this is the case, and lets just move on to the next week. Atleast we won't have any injuries. :rolleyes:

IMO we have a good shot at this game. Their Defense is not good at all so hopefully our offense can keep us in the game. Probably going to hing on whoever wins the turnover battle.
  3. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,085 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Anthony Henry is going to have to man up on Randy Moss - Bill said that he brought him in to play T.O., well let's consider this the warm-up act.

But I still see the key to this game as scoring on offense. Another 34-31 game is likely.
  4. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think the Cowboys can beat Oakland. However, I think Oakland can beat Oakland.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,400 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    We're going to take a hellacious beating.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,911 Messages
    92 Likes Received
  7. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am not saying anything I thought we would blow out SF. There is no telling what will happen but my heart can't take much more of this.
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,515 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    Only CowboyFan would say we have no chance to beat an 0-3 team. We will have to score a ton but we have shown we can do that, averaging 31 points per game on the road.
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    That sums it up 100%.

I was watching the Raiders leading the Eagles in the 1st half.

And I was thinking to myself how the Raiders were going to screw up to lose the game. And, of course, they did. Mostly by commiting dumb penalties.

A HUGE benefit for us is that the Raiders really play undisciplined ball.

That said, I don't know if we're going to be able to take advantage of it. We've basically got to keep their offense off the field.

JJ needs to have a solid game, and we can't afford to get behind early.
  10. Gordon

Gordon New Member

760 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The way I see it, the Raiders have played 3 of the top 5 teams in the NFL so far, and they've hung with all 3, having a chance to win against all 3.

This is our 3rd game away from home, and we're playing a team in desparation mode. Add on to that the fact that they have the one player in the league that owns us the most, in Randy Moss. They also thrive on the deep ball, which is our kryptonite thus far.

We'll move the ball on them, it'll come down to how we control their pasisng game obviously. IF LaMont Jordan, who's basically been a non-factor for them all year, runs like Gore/Barlow did yesterday, we're toast.
  11. ScottCase

ScottCase Benched

216 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ala the Giants v San Diego - I hate to agree .
  12. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,911 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Lamont Jordan is a bigger threat recieving IMO.

Newman/Henry/LB's need to wrap up, no cheap yards
  13. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are a team in progress with so many young players on Defense, a new defensive scheme, etc.

I don't expect a victory vs. the Raiders, but I didn't think we were really going to beat SD either. Of course, then I thought we would beat the Skins at home . . . .

I'm just hoping our defense can come together sooner rather than later. Probably being way too optimistic though.
  14. Martice

Martice Member

958 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We are so worried about what the Raiders are going to do to us that we fail to think what we can do to them. They will have their hands full with our offense as well. They are in a position to pick their poison if we are clicking on all cylinders.

If our defense can keep us in the game we will have a good chance to have great success on offense and a great chance to pull out a victory.
  15. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Good Lord, why even play the game? I know it's cliche, but hasn't everyone learned by now that anything can happen on any given Sunday. Maybe that means Dallas loses? Maybe it means the Raiders lose?

Personally, I think it's going to be another good, close game. Whoever makes the plays in the fourth will likely win.
  16. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, let's just take an early bye week, forfeit the game ("Fear of Moss" we can call it), go home, & save Jerruh the cost of having to put the team up in a hotel for a week. Yup, no point in even showing up for this one.
  17. Dogstar

Dogstar New Member

174 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we don't learn how to play the long ball, Moss and Collins will own us. We need to blitz, blitz, blitz!
  18. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope.

Oakland is a hell of alot better then there 0-3 Record. Their schedule is just as brutal as San Diego's is about to be (NE, Pitt, Eagles, Chief).

2 of their 3 Games were against the teams that were featured in the Super Bowl last year and the other game was against the Chief, who most think can go really far into the playoffs.

If we get their Schedule, we start 0-3 also.

With Zimmer or whoever running the show, we should get beat deep fairly often, especially if they decide to be passive and fear Moss enough to where the QB will have all day.

After the Secondary just rolled over and let the 49ers offense have a Season High day in stats, I doubt we win this one.

Im just content to let the young guys like Ware, Spears, Canty, Burnett, Crayton and many more gain some valuable experience this year as I dont think this team is going to go anywhere with a Secondary rolling over and playing dead every week.

We can regain our swagger by stopping these guys Sunday, but I think the playcalling is going to be passive and I think that they are starting to hear they suck at defending the pass that it will become a self-fullfilling prophecy.

- Mike G.
  19. stiletto

stiletto Member

783 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    There is a lot going against us in this game.

1. Raiders at home 0-3, will be anxious for a win
    2. Randy Moss = Owns Cowboys, hate to say it but it's true
    3. Kerry Collins = like a 8-2 9-1 record versus us.
    4. Our defensive secondary play is horrendous. (so far)
    5. Bledsoe is due for a bad game.

Keys to us winning. (IMO)

1. Julius has to run better than he has so far (needs to run for over 100yds)
    2. We cannot give up more than 1 big play in the passing game
    3. Bledsoe has to throw 3 TD's and throw 2 ints or less.
    4. Need to pressure Collins to get him out of rythem early and often.

If all 4 of these things happen, I think we win.
  20. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The fact that they are 0&3 only makes them tougher to beat.. Da Raidusss will be an angry team come Sunday and we will definitely have our hands full.