1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wes Bunting Mock Draft 3.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Feb 16, 2012.

1. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    According to the draft value charts, if we move down the 1st round to even say the 17th pick, that should be worth a 3rd round pick in return. Not too shabby.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I read of Kirkpatricks problems a good while before his bust . To be honest , I was shocked . He has done a good job keeping it quiet . I really wasn't surprised with the bust after reading some earlier info .
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Care to share this info? Because you seem to be the only 1 who knows about it. I looked through the 1st 4 pages of a google search of "Dre Kirkpatrick character concern" and couldnt find anything other than his recent arrest. Also, every scouting report done seems to have missed this info. Because there were no red flags up until his recent arrest.
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Agreed, i'd be interested to see this alleged info, as well.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,205 Messages
    1,936 Likes Received
    I don't pass on DeCastro.

I'm sick of crappy OLs.
  6. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,322 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Same here.
  7. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I think kirkpatrick may turn out solid but not a star. Jenkins could be great if he keeps his head screwed on straight. His ceiling is much higher. At 14 I want castro if he is there! He is as close to a sure thing as it gets for OL this year. But if Jenkins drops to low first/high second range I would trade up to get him. He is the second most talented CB in this draft.

If we somehow came out of this with Castro and Jenkins even if we lose a 3'rd round and a 5th or 6th pick to move up I would be ecstatic.

Cowboy
  8. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    me too quality over quantity.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I found it on one of the draft sites a month or two ago while doing research . It was not a full artcle , just a word or two that stated Kirkatrick ran with a bad crowd . The info is on one of the websites listed at the top of the draft forum IIRC . The article said that it would come out before draft time and it has .
  10. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If true, that's too bad. I like the kid as a prospect.

I do trust the Cowboys scouting department will to do due diligence, as they've done a great job in recent history of weeding out knuckleheads.
  11. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,625 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    I don't care about Kirkpatrick's weed thing...I just don't really like him as a player all that much
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    When I first read it , I was a little surprised myself . It was strictly a comment from an internet draftnik . I wish now , that I would have paid it more attention . The guy must know what he is talking about , at least on matters concerning Kirkpatrick .