1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wes Bunting new mock draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Apr 4, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,547 Messages
    352 Likes Received
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,547 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    I would rather see Dallas trade back into the bottom of the first for Konz, Gilmore, or Barron and then trade up into the bottom for one of the three.
  3. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

875 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    this guy is getting so much hype, i'm starting to feel like the "experts" might be on to something. i don't get the hype, and he's not my first choice, but i'm curious to know what sdogo or couchscout have said in regard to Brockers. Does anyone here know?
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    He's got us taking Brockers and then Philly taking Cox the next pick.

I'd rather draft Cox between the two.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    Brockers. I'm tired of saying, "I don't see it". Brockers is the most overrated prospect in this years draft. I'll say it. He's a good run defender and has advanced hand usage, but that's literally it.
  6. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    That's not even the travesty. He has us taking Brockers with Cox AND Ingram on the board. Not to mention DeCastro, Kirkpatrick, and Upshaw.
  8. bringinthehurt31

bringinthehurt31 Member

115 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:fact:
  9. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys would take Brockers over Cox, too. Today, Brockers would be my pick. It changes every day. Yesterday, I was leaning Kirkpatrick. Dallas' defense is in really bad shape, imo. They could go in so many different directions on that side of the ball. The economics has to be on their mind (Spencer and Jenkins).

I'll stick with:

Barron
    Brockers
    Kirkpatrick

I guess that I should add Courtney Upshaw, but he looks like a 43 DE to me.

I think Peter Konz is a trade-up target at the back-end of round 1. If Dallas doesn't draft Konz, I don't think they will draft any of the other centers.
  10. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's got us passing on DeCastro and Cox for Brockers.

Right now, my draft board is 1. DeCastro 2. Cox. To pass on both of them for Brockers would not be my preference.
  11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,129 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    I don't either.

I have no interest in passing on a 'sure thing' for a 'prospect'.
  12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    My board would have 1. Fletcher Cox 2. Quinton Coples 3. David DeCastro

*and if Coples was taken in the 1st, I would target Jared Crick DE Neb in the 2nd.

I feel there are enough cornerbacks and interior linemen to use 3 picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds.
  13. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Brockers was only a redshirt sophmore last season, there's still a lot of untapped potential. He may not have developed into a good pass rusher yet, but neither did Richard Seymour at that point in his career. If Brockers stayed in school he would be a top 5 selection next year.

I'm not trying to say he's a perfect prospect because he's not, he just starting playing on the Line 2 years ago and he's still raw. But there's a lot to like about the kid, he really improved a great deal for LSU as the season wore on and was a huge reason for that defense being dominant, especially against the run. He's a legit top prospect and his hype is justified, 6'6 322lb sophmore Ends with good tape don't grow on trees.
  14. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Umm, I would definitely trade back with NE if it meant we could get their two 1st rd picks and take Barron and Gilmore.
  15. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

729 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    No pass rushing? I am fine w drafting more secondary. But this teams biggest weakness is offensive and defensive line. We get dominated in trenches that's why we are a 8-8 team
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,386 Likes Received
    Me too. That does not sound like a trade NE would ever make though.
  17. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,252 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    I dont know what to make of Brockers,he did pretty well in the games i watched of LSU but he was not a every down player for them.He also was really poor in the Combine where even a middle of the pack stats would have locked down a top 10 selection for him.i dont know if he is really athletic enough player to be a Chris canty type player for us.
  18. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If these players are available:
    • Fletcher Cox
    • Melvin Ingram
    • David DeCastro
    And we take MICHAEL *****' BROCKERS, this board will explode.
  19. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Michael Brockers is the purest, best 5 technique in the draft. He is already a very strong run defender. He is raw as a pass rusher, but he has all the tools to be a good one. He just needs to be developed in that area. Poe and Cox are raw pass rushers, too. Brockers can step in day one and start at the 5 technique. I'm not so sure Fletcher Cox can do that. Cox is probably best used as a 3 technique (in a 43), especially as a rookie.

I think Brockers goes 9-14, and if Carolina and Kansas City don't take him, I think Dallas jumps on him. I would support the pick.

If Dallas could add two young trench players in round 1, I'd be really excited:

14. Michael Brockers DL LSU
    27. Peter Konz C Wisconsin

The team's CB position is still a significant concern, imo. This is a deep CB draft, and I like Josh Norman (Coastal Carolina). The team could use another quality WR, too. I'd look at Malik Jackson (Tennessee) even if I drafted Brockers. I think the Cowboys will either find a way to nab Konz, or they will not draft a center. I want Peter Konz, bad.
  20. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    IMO, I think Cox has the tools to be a better pass rusher than Brockers.

I really question if Brockers is athletic enough to be a good pass rusher. I'm not sold.

Why do you believe he has the tools to be a good pass rusher?