1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WF:Underclassmen Declaring for the 2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Arch Stanton, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Walter Football:Underclassmen Declaring for the 2012 NFL Draft

Underclassmen Declaring for the 2012 NFL Draft - Jan. 4:

Fletcher Cox, DE/DT, Mississippi State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 295.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.93.
    Projected Round (2012): 1-2.
    Fletcher Cox is a borderline first-round prospect, so I can understand why he would declare. However, another year at school would have solidified his first-round status, so he's taking a bit of a risk here. It could pay off though.

The Verdict: Mixed feelings

Read more:http://walterfootball.com/draft2012underclassmen.php
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Listed at 6-foot-2, 215, Sanu was a possession receiver at Rutgers, catching 210 career passes for 2,263 yards (10.8 average), and 12 touchdowns in three seasons. Projected as a second-day pick, Sanu has drawn comparisons to T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Early Doucet as a slot receiver prospect. He cleared 100 yards in 7-of-13 games in 2011, but displayed limited playmaking ability.
  3. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Listed at 6-foot-4, 295, the 21-year-old Scott earned first-team All-SEC honors as a junior by recording a team-high 12.5 tackles for loss, four sacks, a forced fumble, and one blocked kick. He was a second-team all-conference pick by the SEC coaches. Cox should have a shot to be selected on the second day, but Sporting News draft guru Russ Lande recently recommended Cox stay in school to add weight. He's expected to appeal to teams that play one-gap schemes up front, encouraging defensive linemen to rush the passer first and foremost.
  4. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    After earning Fiesta Bowl MVP honors in Monday night's 41-38 overtime win over Stanford, Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon confirmed that he will enter the 2012 NFL draft.

"I think I'm gonna go ahead and enter the draft and see what happens after that," said Blackmon. Expected to be the first wideout selected this April, Blackmon exploded for 186 yards and three touchdowns on eight catches against Andrew Luck's Cardinal. Perhaps most impressively, Blackmon didn't play at 100 percent due to an "infected inner thigh," and looked hobbled during pre-game warmups. He's expected to be a top-ten overall draft pick.
  5. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Washington RB Chris Polk will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

The second leading rusher in Huskies history (57 yards short of Napoleon Kaufman), Polk is listed at 5-foot-11, 222 and is coming off a first-team All-Pac 12 junior season. Already 22, Polk amassed 799 career carries and has future NFL feature back written all over him. Polk has a thick, powerful lower body, is underrated in the receiving game, and is considered to have elite vision. He projects as a top-50 pick and potential late first-rounder.
  6. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Stanford LT Jonathan Martin will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

A second-team All-American (behind first-teamers Barrett Jones of Alabama and USC's Matt Kalil) as a junior, Martin protected Andrew Luck's blind side during the 2009, 2010, and 2011 college seasons. Though some draftniks have questioned Martin's athleticism, he is considered a shoo-in top-20 overall pick, even if he has to eventually move to right tackle. Martin finished his Stanford career with 37 starts, playing in a run-first, pro-style offense.

Source: Joe Schad on Twitter
  7. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Arizona State MLB Vontaze Burfict announced Tuesday that he will declare for the 2012 NFL Draft.

A preseason All-American, Burfict is a first-round talent facing questions about his work ethic after a season described by head coach Dennis Erickson as "just average." Burfict's effort was called into question by his own defensive coordinator, and he had a penchant for costly personal fouls. Several prospect mavens have Burfict as a top-20 pick, but he's certain to removed from a few draft boards.
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The New York Times reports Iowa OT Riley Reiff will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

A first-team All Big 10 selection, Reiff is generally considered to be one of the three offensive tackles of the 2012 draft class along with Stanford's Jonathan Martin and USC's Matt Kalil, and is projected as a potential top-10 pick. At 6-foot-6, 300 pounds, Reiff may need to add a little extra bulk, but has the potential to be someone's long-term answer at left tackle.

Source: New York Times
  9. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

608 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    This declaration and Jonathan Martin's is awesome news for Dallas.

Now let's see if the LSU redshirt sophomore stars come out. Mingo, Montgomery, and Brockers.
  10. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    San Diego State RB Ronnie Hillman will forgo his junior and senior seasons to enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Despite a mammoth redshirt sophomore campaign, Hillman's decision was met by groans in the draftnik community. Listed at only 5-foot-10, 190, Hillman is undersized and was underutilized in the Aztecs' passing game, catching 33 career passes. During his freshman and sophomore seasons, Hillman did combine for 3,243 yards and 36 touchdowns on 573 carries (5.66 YPC). He just turned 20 in September. Hillman told the San Diego Union-Tribune that he received "around" a third-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.
  11. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Virginia Tech CB Jayron Hosley will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

It's believed Hosley received a second-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board. Listed at 5-foot-10, 171, Hosley is going to have to show up to the Combine bigger than that to solidify a day-two selection. Hosley was a second-team All-ACC pick as a junior, picking off a Hokies-high four passes. Hosley led the NCAA with nine interceptions as a sophomore.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Draft him. His vertical is madness.
  13. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,323 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    If I am going after a Hokie I wait a year and take Fuller. That kid is an absolute baller.
  14. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Oklahoma DE Ronnell Lewis will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Lewis battled an ankle injury and brief suspension as a junior to rack up 13 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks on 10 games (nine starts), earning first-team All-Big 12 accolades. A hybrid end/linebacker, Lewis is listed at 6-foot-2, 244 and will likely interest primarily 3-4 teams. CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang currently has a late second- to early third-round grade on Lewis.
  15. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Only 20 1/2 years old, Hill played the Demaryius Thomas deep threat position in the Yellow Jackets' extremely-run heavy, triple-option offense. He only caught 28 balls in 2011, but went for 820 yards averaging a ridiculous 29.3 yards per reception. The YPR average broke Thomas' old single-season school record of 25.1. Hill will obviously be viewed by NFL teams as a raw, developmental prospect, but he can run and is listed at 6-foot-5, 206.
  16. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Michigan State DT Jerel Worthy will forego his junior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

A first-team All-American in 2011, Worthy posted 30 tackles, 10.5 for loss, with 3.5 sacks against persistent double teams as the centerpiece of the Spartans' fifth-ranked defense. Currently 20th on Mel Kiper Jr.'s prospect rankings, Worthy is expected to be a first-round pick.
  17. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore will forgo his senior year and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Gilmore started all three years for the Gamecocks, intercepting seven career passes and earning third-team AP All-American honors as a sophomore. His production fell off as opponents shied away from targeting Gilmore as a junior. Gilmore is expected to be a day-two pick at the very worst, and his size (6'1/193, listed) will appeal to teams that prefer big cornerbacks.
  18. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Listed at 6'4/229, Jeffery is rumored to have battled weight problems during a junior season that saw his stat line fall from 88/1,517/17.2/9 in 2010 to 49/762/15.5/8. In-season quarterback change had plenty to do with it, though. A mammoth deep threat, Jeffery closed his college career strong with 148 yards and a highlight-reel touchdown catch in the Gamecocks' Capitol One Bowl victory over Nebraska, despite being ejected from the game. Still considered a likely first-round pick, Jeffery's weight maintenance and forty time will be key factors in determining just how high in the first frame he'll go.
  19. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received