1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: WFAA: Jerry Jones says on paper Cowboys are one of the best teams he's had

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 17, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,141 Messages
    6,926 Likes Received
    by GEORGE RIBA
    wfaa.com
    Posted on August 17, 2010 at 4:45 PM
    Updated today at 5:10 PM

OXNARD, CA - The Cowboys have great expectations for the 2011 season and so does Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

"This is one of the best teams I’ve ever been associated with," says Jones. "Two years ago, that was the best team that I’ve ever been associated with that hasn't won a super bowl. So, we have that look on paper. Now anybody knows that's a long way from a grueling season that you have in the NFL."

Jones also talked about the lack of touchdowns from the first team offense. So far, that unit has yet to score a touchdown in two preseason games.

"I think I’m not as concern as you might thing I should be," Jones says. "I'm not concerned about not scoring touchdowns in the games. I know how easily it would have been to make a play and have a touchdown in each game in the limited time they've played. I know what we're doing out there relative to the strategy of what the offense is about and what we're trying to help Romo with pressure. I see all that coming along well."

Read more: http://www.wfaa.com/sports/Jerry-Jo...ys-are-one-of-the-best-hes-had-100924524.html
  2. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,921 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    great expectations for 2011? that is nice. how about 2010?
  3. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,538 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    Which one was drunk? Jerry or the writer?
  4. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, come on. He really doesn't believe that. Just look at our right tackle situation.
  5. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,934 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Is he talking players or players and coaches. I think if you look at guys like Jimmy Johnson and Norv Turner it's kind of hard to say you've topped them.
  6. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,613 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    how bout both? :laugh1:
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    15 years and counting.:rolleyes:
  8. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,599 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Apparently Williams is better at handling criticism than he is the ball. Nice.
  9. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    That team couldn't touch the 1994 team, even with Barry Switzer at the helm.

Epic fail, Jones.
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,062 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  11. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received

Glad you agree!
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,062 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    You sound like Bach

and no that is not a compliment.
  13. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,607 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    yea, he obviously forgot or is just plain stupid. That 1994 team would beat the 2008 team senseless.
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    No Gogan, no Harper, no 'boxer's son' MLB....yea, free agency didn't affect anything and it was all a Jerry failure. Then San Francisco had NOTHING to do with the NFC Championship victory, with three first half turn-overs in what was still a close victory. Hey, great clarity on issue here....:rolleyes:
  15. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    When Jimmy Johnson was asked about that statement from Jerry he said, "I think they're as talented, and I think they did some good things last year..........I think the big question is 'can they protect Tony Romo?'. If they protect him, then they'll be right in the mix, they'll be as good as anybody in the NFC. But again, they've got to protect him."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys