1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What A Complete Disaster

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CoachParcells, May 5, 2004.

1. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the lecture captain. Now get back to your post before the terrorists win.
  2. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I dont recall lecturing you, but I do recall directing the quote above to Mr. Boyer.
  3. BulletBob

BulletBob The Godfather

2,164 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Just wanted to let you know that your debate style is truly admirable, Captain. IMHO, you have won every volley.

Please know that there are many people living under the blanket of the stars and stripes that appreciate the fact that you are out there every day, protecting us, our children, and our way of life ....

and even protecting the rights of the unappreciative, so that they can mouth off in an internet thread two posts above, minimizing the risk you are taking and proving how little they understand what an awesome country you defend. :cool:
  4. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    And you go back under the rock you crawled out from under...
  5. gbrittain

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Thank You very much for the kinds words. That really means a lot.

And another special thanks to all of those others who have expressed a sincere appreciation for US military.
  6. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Amazing how some vocals in the minority think that the rest of the world does everything right and we are always wrong, backward, self-absorbed, worried about what Europe or the Arabs think, and the like.

While what happened to the POWs is unacceptable, it pales in comparision to what Saddam did to those poor people.....where is your righteous indignation about that....How about what the North Koreans do...starving their own people into submission, or the Chinese...enslaving or delivering cap. punishment to people because of their faith or political beliefs, or the Syrians and their murdering dictatorship? Man, we really suck, huh? :rolleyes:O

One final note...One of the abused Iraqis said that he would never be able to return to his hometown because of the shame he had endured, but he would accept citizenship to the United States as part of reparations....Even the abused STILL want to be here! Not someplace else...HERE! Take it from the victims themselves....it's better to be here than anyplace else in the world.
  7. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Captain...

Next time we are in Pearl Harbor, I'm going to have to look you up sir. I don't know how far you are from there, but maybe just a phone call will suffice. I hope to meet with you one day.

Irving Cowboy
    ABE1 USN
  8. NoDak Cowboy

NoDak Cowboy Benched

309 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow. Just finished reading this entire thread. Mind boggling.

I go to Abu Graib, the prison where this happened, quite regularly. And I can assure you. The soldiers there are appalled with what happened. For sure there will be repercussions of these actions. But to say the actions of a few reflect the whole, is utterly "assinine!" Maybe the entire country of Germany should have been wiped out, for the crimes Hitler and the Nazi's were involved in, huh? After all, they were far worse than what is happening today...... Unreal.

There is not ONE group of people, of any race, religion, or creed, that has not had someone of their group do something to be ashamed of. Guess we ALL should be condemned. That is not saying it is right, but to lay the blame on the ENTIRE group is Boyered. Catchy new word for anything pathetic, shameful, or asinine, huh? I can just see it in the new edition of Websters. Especially since he likes to post the definition of words.

I must say, I rather enjoyed watching eric try and spin his way in and out of his "beliefs".

And if there is any justice in this world, I relish the opportunity to run across eric so he can either attempt to spit on me or make me struggle for air. Brain and Bob were very polite in their discussion with you. I'm not like them, when it comes to idiots like yourself. You don't like the way things are going in America? Then get the F**K out!! If it were at all possible, I'd like to help you pack. I'm sure France is looking for another simpering, bleeding heart. You'd fit in nicely.

Cpt. Brittain. Rock steady, sir!! HOOAH!!
  9. gbrittain

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Be safe over there NoDak.

Many of my friends from 25th ID (Tropic Lightning) are there right now. I was transferred to USARPAC HQ a few months before the orders came down or otherwise I would be right there with you.

What Division are you with?

If there is anything I can do for you let me know. You are a great American, great citizen, great soldier, and a Cowboy fan to boot. I am here if you need anything.

CPT Brittain
  10. gbrittain

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Irving Cowboy,

the pleasure would be mine. I would love to show you around. Really have enjoyed it here, however my time here is almost over.

Do you make many trips to Pearl Harbor?

BTW my brother in law just joined the Navy, maybe you can give me some good advice to pass on to him.

He goes to basic in September I believe.

Take it easy Irving Cowboy.
  11. BulletBob

BulletBob The Godfather

2,164 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Thank you for starting my day off on the right foot.

Stay safe, NoDak, and keep the faith.

And I hope you never tire of hearing this: "Thank You."
  12. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Not too often, as it's usually a stop over there that either closes out or is the opening stop for a deployment. We on the mighty Chucky V pulled in there in January of 02 on our way home from Operation Enduring Freedom, and then again in January-February of last year as our first port visit during "GuessPac '02".

Just tell him to do whatever he has to do to get to sea duty for his first tour. Although some guys end up with shore duty straight out of ATD or "A" School, they don't find it as rewarding as traveling around the world at least once in those first 4 years. I will be making my 7th deployment (and last) early next year, and I vividly remember each of them. Tell him I wish him fair winds and following seas...

And you do the same, sir. Thank you for your service. Thank you also to NoDak, I can't imagine what you guys go through over there. You guys are in my prayers every night.
  13. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Feel free to pm me anytime you are coming to Illinois NoDak.

Otherwise you can shut the f**k up.
  14. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Funny how your sig line completely contradicts what you just told NoDak. I hope you don't expect a whole lot of respect from anyone here.
  15. Eric_Boyer

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    When it comes to you and NoDak I could careless about respect.

Funny how admitting shame makes me public enemy #1.

You guys are pathetic. I understand the hatred though. The military disgraced this country and you all know it.
  16. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Why does that not surprise me?

Well I, along with NoDak, and CPT Brittain, ARE the military. Please enlighten us, line item by line item, how WE have disgraced this country. I can't wait to find out.
  17. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Oh and it's not hatred Eric... more like... PITY
  18. Eric_Boyer

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    I have already done this. I'm not going to do it again for some knuckleheads that tell me to leave the country.
  19. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,705 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    I am closing this thread...It would seem that some can not control the tempers and wish to take things to a personal level.

Sorry guys...if you can not debate the issues in a little more civil manner and without alluding to physical violence....then you do not need to be debating.