1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What a Steelers fan said to me...

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by Fletch, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,981 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    I'm here at work, sitting down for lunch letting you guys know what I just heard no more than 2 minutes ago from a Steelers groupie.

I was asked if I knew the reason why Mike Shanahan and another unnamed coach were visiting Steelers training camp yesterday in Latrobe, PA. I told him in a sarcastic manner that I figured they were there to see what a cheerleader (Mike Tomlin) looked like while his coordinators did all the work. :D

My co-worker flat out told me with a very serious tone that the sole reason was to see how a first class, top notch organization runs a team. He went on to say that everything in training camp runs so smooth for the Steelers and that's why they are so good. It's his not so subtle way of rubbing it in since he knows I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan.

See what I have to put up with on a daily basis living here in PA? Talk about cocky and just down right annoying. I'm just gonna let our boys do the talking for me!
  2. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ask him if their team doctor ever found those few hundred doses of steroids he "misplaced" last offseason.
  3. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    Sounds like you started it to me.... :(
  4. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,109 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Yep - you make a sarcastic remark, you're going to get retaliation most of the time.
  5. cwbyfan72

cwbyfan72 Active Member

897 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    ask him how it feels being 2 x paper champs?
  6. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,969 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    yawn...who cares?

We don't play them this year anyway and Shanny got canned in Denver. If we meet the Squealers in the SB, we'll just beat them down like we did the last time.

They'll wind up crying again in their terrible towels.

Ahhh...sweet memories

:)
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Directly in James Harrison's backside.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,334 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    He was there to see how a steroid distrubtion center operates.
  9. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,689 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Sounds like you made the sarcastic remark and he responded with what is likely the truth. I've never heard anything about an circus atmosphere at a steeler's training camp.
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,334 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    You can't make a spectacle of yourself if your passing out steriods like your dealing cards.
  11. lcharles

lcharles Negativity King

1,799 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Larry Brown. :D

Other than that I have nothing to say to Steeler fans.
  12. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,610 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Shanahan's direct quote (from Peter King's MMQB): "You look at things that are important for a franchise, and continuity is right up there. They've had three coaches [since 1969], and what teams have been more successful? No one. The whole staff's been intact on defense, I think for six years or more. They've won six Super Bowls. Then you look around this place. Beautiful. And it's all Steelers. Players can walk from their dorm to practice to film study to the dining hall. I think it has to be the best camp sites in the league, doesn't it? All of it adds up."

I hate them more than any other team cause I live here, but its ll about football and nothing else.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    We beat them but we sure as hell didn't beat them down by any stretch of the imagination. The way they lost probably hurts them worse so maybe it's all good.
  14. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,034 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    all I know is that a banged up Cowboys team went to there house in 5 degree weather and kicked their arse for 50 mins....then crapped their pants because they still have not figured out how to handle success
  15. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,532 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Well they are the Superbowl Champs, IMHO you have a right to be sarcastic when you win.;)
  16. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,379 Messages
    1,404 Likes Received
    Sounded like he was given a loaded question and just beat him to the punch with a sarcastic remark.

The Tomlin thing is a bit overblown. Great leaders are great at delegating authority and motivating people. Jimmy Johnson and Mike Ditka weren't exactly known for their X's and O's.

YAKUZA
  17. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,500 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Be happy that you have someone you can talk with about your passion. Even if he is on the wrong side.

The guys i am working with are mostly nerds who don't care for sports. Believe me having nobody to talk to about your passion is much much worse then having someone who tries to bother you all day.
  18. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,090 Messages
    1,281 Likes Received
    It's actually true, though.

He's going to a number of different training camps and practices with his future D-coordinator (forgot his name) to get tips and gather information. He's even going to a couple college teams' practices. I think it was Gil Brandt that was talking about this on Sirius NFL radio.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received

I happen to think Mike Tomlin is a great coach. I still hate the Steelers though :p:
  20. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,504 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    I give credit where it's due but some of these Steelers fans are driving me crazy with this Harrison over ware arguement. Ware > Harrison. Ware Has been better and more consistant then harrison. Which i think is a product of a great system.