1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What about Ernie Sims?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jday, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,820 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    I haven't heard/read alot of talk about him following that win against the Eagles, but I felt like he played as much of a pivotal role in that win as anybody on the defense. For those of you who truly study the game, what are your thoughts now about this Free Agent pick up?

Personally, I'd say the Cowboys personnel department found a gem and a guy that will be a fantastic swing-linebacker in 2013, if they can keep him.
  2. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I'd say they are getting their moneys worth so far.
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,588 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    I hope we retain his services. He's a player. The FO did a great job!
  4. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    last two weeks I've been noticing this guy. He's a MAN out there. You see him playing with so much freaking passion. I love his motor. I can't say enough about him and the job he's done so far.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,058 Messages
    2,830 Likes Received
    I think it took walking away from the game for him to realize how much he loved playing the game and it is showing.

Granted we all know it is a business but to play this game you got to have the love for the game. If you are doing it for cash only you can never live up to your full potential as a player
  6. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,632 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    I am pleasantly surprised about Sims. I say resign him and get rid of Connor. The combination of Lee/Carter/Sims will be a pretty good rotation going forward.
  7. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can't complain. Just a few missed tackles I'd like cleaned up.
  8. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,943 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    This ^
  9. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Soo much speed at ILB oh baby, and can always line them three in a 4-3 keep him over Connor hell teah
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,352 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    I would love to have him back as a backup. But he sees the elite talent in front of him on the depth chart. Barring injury, he wont get much time. With him kind of re-establishing himself this season in the NFL, he may choose to go to a LB situation with less proven and/or talented players on the depth chart. But again, I'd love to resign him as a backup.
  11. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Connor is also fast, he just had a rough pre-season. You keep that young man as well.

Promising future in that department for sure.
  12. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,019 Messages
    133 Likes Received
  13. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,632 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    You may be right. On the other hand, the fact that it was the Cowboys who picked him up off the street may be enough to garner some loyalty to the Cowboys. It wouldn't cost much to keep him. He's played well, but it's not like he's going to the Pro Bowl or garner $5M a year contract.

I think Jerry/Stephen cam sign him to a 3 year deal totalling $6M-$8M. Sims just might take it. It is worth a try anyway.
  14. AZ_Cowboys_Fan

AZ_Cowboys_Fan Member

516 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Exactly... if he continues to play well this could be Laurent Robinson, Part 2.
  15. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,632 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    But even when Connor played, he didn't have much of an impact. He wasn't terrible, but he doesn't make his presence felt the way Sims does. IMO, Sims is a much better athlete. There was a reason he went so high in the first round.
  16. DrKennethNoisewater

DrKennethNoisewater Member

106 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    He got swallowed up by Gs in the run game the last two weeks. He is just so small that it is easy to do. Not complaining, but he will always be limited by his size.
  17. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    I have never seen anyone say he is fast. In fact, everything I read on him says he is slow.

Look at this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1BWPd-Ha3o
  18. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

772 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    He does look good so far, will echo everybody else and say sign him to a contract for 3 more years - after this seasion, just to be sure he's not a flash in the pan. So far so good.
    My question is since we are talking LBers - I saw Wilber in on a play on Sunday. Those who chart such things - did he play much ? and I did not really see much out of him, he has kinda become the forgotten man at this point. What do people think of what they seen so far ?
    Not tryin to hyjack the thread - just curious...
  19. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe, and I could be wrong but wasn't he clocked faster than Lee in the 40?
  20. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    He did, but you and I know 40 time doesn't translate to game speed.