1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What about Ernie Sims?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jday, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    I doubt it too for the same reasons you mentioned, however, what weighs in favor of it is the fact that in Ryan's defense, everybody has a role and plays. I doubt very seriously anyone opens up the bank after a half season of decent play while he learns our system. If he takes another 1 year deal from the Cowboys, he will be granted an opportunity to prove he is worth more.
  2. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    I just don't see anyone handing him a starting job based on the spot play he gives the Cowboys. But like I said above, in Ryan's defense, starting or not, he is just about guaranteed to have a role and play. Having him also gives the Cowboys the flexibility to move to a 43 look, should the situation call for it: Spencer and Ware at DE, with Lee, Carter and Sims as LB.
  3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He sounds like an idiot, but plays really smart. Just curious, who else said he sounds dumb? I thought I was the only one commenting on it.
  4. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,830 Messages
    1,601 Likes Received
    I was actually referring to another one of our players who was frequently called "dumb sounding" by posters on this board when he was drafted. I think that old saying your mother had about "if you dont have anything nice to say..." doesn't resonate
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,796 Messages
    5,953 Likes Received
    I'm happy to hear that he is not quitting.:rolleyes:

Definition of RESIGN

transitive verb
    : relegate, consign; especially : to give (oneself) over without resistance <resigned herself to her fate>

: to give up deliberately; especially : to renounce (as a right or position) by a formal act

intransitive verb
    : to give up one's office or position : quit

: to accept something as inevitable : submit
  6. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    lol...
    Were you able to catch any of the Dallas Cowboy football games over the last few years? We use to have some guys named James and Brookings that were far worse than Sims. You act like he weighs 180lbs or something. Im not going to complain about the occational over pursuing when Im use to seeing guys never get there.
    It was a very good find.
  7. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Need to sign Ernie to a long term contract;)
  8. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,359 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    This seems a little excessive.
  9. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,359 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Negged for spelling Brooking wrong.
  10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    More relevant question than extending him: should he start over Connor when he returns?
  11. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    We have a very small sample size of what Sims can offer versus Connor, but right now I'm leaning towards Connor being released in favor of Sims.