1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What about signing Randy Moss?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bware_Dware, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Bware_Dware

Bware_Dware Active Member

117 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Before you jump all over the thought just consider...

The man has always been a thorn in our side since he thought/wanted to be drafted by the boys

Likely is getting a vet min contract and still has some skill to play

Has been praised by Belichick for his knowledge of the game and could provide great a great mentor for dez and the younger receivers as well as depth

My main point is a receiver coach is great, but to be able to take tips from a hall of fame WR who knows he isn't the top dog anymore is priceless
  2. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,490 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    He complained on media day about his role in an offense that was playing in the Super Bowl. No thank you.
  3. iRepDatStar

iRepDatStar Member

82 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    No thanks.. not in this part of his career. Don't need a WR that wont always give it his all and attacking the ball only for the interception to be seen as romo's fault
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,719 Messages
    1,805 Likes Received

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
  5. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,868 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    well, now my off season is almost complete...what is this, 15 years running of having talk about Moss?

no thank you
  6. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Have you been watching the Dallas Cowboys recently???? WR is the last position this front office should concentrate on during the offseason.
  7. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,691 Messages
    553 Likes Received
    I would have been all for it until I saw him quit on a few plays during the superbowl. I mean, for the right price it would be worth a look and you could just cut him. Considering Bryant and Austin are injury prone it would be nice insurance, he would be such a step up from Ogletree it's insane, but he is about the furthest thing form RKG you can get.
  8. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,881 Messages
    1,829 Likes Received
    Really? Outside of Dez, there isn't a capable receiver on the roster. Austin is always hurt, Ogletree sucked and is gone. Harris might have something, but he is a total unknown at this point. With that said, Moss isn't the answer.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    as much as others get torqued off about the constant Jerruh bashing threads I get really ticked by a thread started for

EVERY SINGLE WASHED UP HEADACHE CUT LOCKER ROOM CANCER

WORTHLESS PLAYER

and that SOMEONE wants HERE.
  10. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Like I said WR is the last position the front office should concentrate on.. They have to find a DT/S/OG/RT/ another LB/DE if Spencer is gone/another TE who can block/#2 RB who can carry the load if needed/
  11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    He's not worth the trouble anymore.

2012 San Francisco 49ers 16 2 28 434 15.5 55 3td
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,280 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  13. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,078 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Moss is D.O.N.E.............
  14. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

866 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Randy Moss is the greatest wide receiver to ever play the game...

according to Randy Moss.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,150 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received

:lmao2:
  16. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

997 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I don't even think he is HOF worthy. He never elevated anybody except Culpepper and he is the epitome of the "ME" player.

Done
  17. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,315 Messages
    4,211 Likes Received
    I know there is a lot of animosity towards Moss and its understandable. He's not the most likeable guy around. But he is a lock for the HOF which probably makes some mad.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,987 Messages
    5,011 Likes Received
    What do you suppose the over/under is on how many offseason this exact thread has been posted?
  19. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Are you kidding me? Moss is last person I would want him to mentor anyone. :rolleyes:
  20. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

997 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure he is a lock. There are Cowboys who should have been locks but there still not in. Moss lacks a team identity to push him through. Who did he play for? The most talented receiver isn't the question and in fact that will be held against him. Probably the most talented receiver ever but failed to overcome himself for the team. I don't really have any animosity towards him, he is what he is. I just don't think he embodied what the HOF is all about.

No vote