1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What Announcers were saying about Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Frozen700, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,521 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    They were saying he was Tired of taking the blame, and tired of hearing he can't win the big 1.

They said Romo said "It's a team game, not 1 man loses a game ect..." Implying that he tired of everybody blaming him.

After last night he will catch more heat, and it could be the final straw.

I feel like he will be so fed up with all the talk...he might walk away from our organization.

I know most here hate his guts right now, but this may not be a good thing.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,043 Messages
    464 Likes Received
    I'm ready to move on without Tony Romo.

So what if we hit the dumps for a few years searching for a new franchise QB? It's no different than what's happening now. Consecutive mediocre 8-8 seasons. Mediocre draft status. No progress. We're stuck in neutral.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    If I was Romo, I would not resign with Dallas.

JJ is not committed to fixing the OL and putting this franchise in position to win. It's a clown college and it won't get better as long as he is the GM.
  4. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,879 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    I really don't care if he retires or not. It's time to move on.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,043 Messages
    464 Likes Received
    I wish Tony Romo luck elsewhere.
  6. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    On one had I kind of agree with Tony, but on the other hand he is an NFL QB and he should know that he is going to get more credit than he deserves and he is going to get more criticism than he deserves. As far as the criticism is getting and is going to get, in this case it is deserving.
  7. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,370 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    As I've said before......run Tony, run!! As far away as you can. Jed has fed u to the wolves your entire career. He could care less of your well being. Kick him in the teeth as you leave and thank him for nothing.
  8. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,854 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    Sorry guys, Tony ain't going anywhere.
  9. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    You're the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Meredith, Staubach, Aikman. Winners and they all still caught heat. It is a team game but if you want the glory, it comes with the territory. Shut them up by winning one of these games. Last night, despite the first half half it was all laid out there in front of you.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,181 Messages
    5,663 Likes Received
    agree. if he is tired of the heat then get lost. this is DALLAS not CINCINNATI. go to a loser town if you want to be accepted.
  11. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Well-Known Member

1,480 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Without Tony, we would not have even been in position to play for the division last night. He isnt going anywhere. However, I would like us to bring in a younger guy..
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,181 Messages
    5,663 Likes Received
    does any of this even matter if he always chokes once we get to january? are we going to become a franchise and franchise that is just pleased with regular season performances?
  13. Seven

11,370 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    It is too Cincinnati only they're better as of late.
  14. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,376 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    It is never Romo's fault whether it is a pick or a dropped hold on a FG there is always some type of excuse. Eventually you have to look in the mirror and take responsibility for your own play.
  15. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    You never know......he may just retire.
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,104 Messages
    987 Likes Received
    He's not going anywhere.

Tony Romo is a fighter. He doesn't want to walk away with this as his legacy.

As much as I've criticized him, I still say we can win with him. :eek:

He just needs a complete team around him. He can carry a team only so far. After that, he needs everything to be perfect around him before he takes this team to the next level.

What do we need? Sigh, where do I start.

1.) Better play calling.
    2.) A complementary back to go with Murray. Murray was tired last night. You can't have that when you need to rely on the ground game, like the Redskins did to protect their quarterback.
    3.) Some more hogs up front on the offensive line.
    4.) Another pass rusher.
    5.) A chain-moving wide receiver on the other end from Dez.
    6.) A healthy Sean Lee and Bruce Carter.
    7.) A safety who can actually cover and tackle.

You give Romo all that, and he takes this team to a Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, that's a lot of building to do.
  17. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Good because he's right. I want him to stay because I know he's great, but I'd rather him move on to an organization that is well coached, supports him, puts him into a position to win and and knows what what they're doing.

The media can suck it with their choker label, and their incessant elevation of a player and tearing them down because of what team and organization they belong to. They have their own biases and if general statistics is any indication, there are just as many Cowboys haters in the media as there are among the fans, if not more. So they're going to drill their own biases into the masses and the pathetic thing is even Cowboys fans are buying it. It's just the facts.
  18. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,177 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    I have to disagree on the no progress part. We have a good young core on both sides of the ball. Murray, Dez and Harris. And on D you have Lee,Carter,Mo and Church to a lesser extent. But as far as Romo, maybe he has worn out his welcome.Too bad. He's a nice guy and a good QB who has perpetually been on the cusp of being great. :(
  19. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Once again, this was another case of the team not showing up in a big game and Romo was right there with everyone else. Did anyone make a big play yesterday? Did anyone stand out? The Oline was aweful, Romo was running for his life. They blitzed up the middle every 2nd and 3rd down and they couldnt block it. Garrett got outcoached, yet again for the 20th game in a row. He couldnt come up with ONE PLAY to make them pay. Not ONE. No running game. Receivers dropping passes and limping off the field at an alarming rate. The defense played the worst game of the year allowing a limping QB to only have to throw 10 passes to win the game handidly. A rookie RB goes for over 200 yards and cant be stopped.

Once again this came down to Romo having to do it all by himself and no he couldnt do it.
  20. Seven

11,370 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    Yes he has made progress BUT his eventual demise still exists from day one. Not throwing the ball away. Sometimes his desire supersedes logic. Superman is a fictional character, Tony.