1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are the benefits of this team going to the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Rant Zone' started by rockj7, Dec 12, 2013.

1. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,605 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Mentally I can understand the concept but the fan in me is repulsed by the idea. Not to mention no change at the top (Jerry + Stephen) is coming no matter what happens.
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,106 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    I think that butt kicking Monday night threw them for a loop. Chicago isn't all that and yet they handled the Cowboys like they were a pee wee team. We keep hearing about them making the playoffs & yet they go out & play like that. I just saw some of the game & the Cowboys should be embarrassed.
  3. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Holmgren.

Hes the only one I can see Jerry trusting to have alleged total control of the team. Even they jerry will still medle.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,096 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    Every fan gets to make that decision for themselves.

Then call me deluded.

And hopefully, the number of deluded fans - who don't financially support this mediocrity - increases.

If people continue to buy into it, it will only continue.
    visionary likes this.
  5. stasheroo

17,096 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    I'm disappointed already, I may as well get change.

I will hold out hope for that, not hope that this mess somehow, some way, fixes itself.

That's more than enough evidence showing that will not happen.
  6. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,229 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    Yeah Holmgren he did such a great job at his last gig.
  7. stasheroo

17,096 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    This bunch has shown guaranteed mediocrity, I'll take my chances with any alternatives.

I kńow what I'm not getting now, give me the possibility of improvement.
    visionary likes this.
  8. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,086 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Add the Giants and Redskins and I'm right w/ ya.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,664 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm on the same page with you. But all we have is hope. The good news is Jerry is getting old and who knows how much longer he will be around, the bad news is his idiot son might follow in his dads footsteps. If that is the case, I just don't know if I can take it. It could take the rest of my life before we see true change.
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,119 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    The truly blind (Jerry, Stephen, garret, and CZ homers) get to beat their chest about how the process is working

We get more pronouncements about how we just need to tweak the roster

We also get to ignore the real problems with team

We can look forward to another 10+ years of mediocrity since Jerry and Jason's "way" will have been validated

Take your pick
    Chocolate Lab and khiladi like this.
  11. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I didn't say I'm on board with it. Im saying I think it would be jerry's first choice
  12. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,273 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    Using a pathetic Redskins offense led by RG3, having no problems putting up 21 points in the second half against the Bears, despite them not forcing a punt, is a bad example of how our ofense sucks?
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,229 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    I hope not.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Simple, I think people do not understand how difficult the game is, don't respect it, don't respect the effort on the field even in bad games, and it has gotten to the point of ridiculous. I agree with Idgit on that.

Bill Parcells in his HOF Speech choked up when he talked of players carrying their own IVs onto planes and buses. He explained about how they are in so much pain they lie in the aisles because they can't sit in the seats.

It disgusts me that our players gives all that they have, for us, and people think so little of them. Whether that humored you or not I don't know. But I for one am sick and tired of hearing about the fans hurt feelings and frustration over 17 years. Oh, you sat on your couch and wore out the remote control rooting for this team? Great. In the meantime they did all they could to win for you to make your week special. They won some, they lost some. That's football.

I have said on this forum for years that I am wired different. I meant it. It isn't about better. I have never once claimed that I am a better fan than anyone else. But I seem to have a deeper respect for the game of football at times. I have seen hundreds of losses in my lifetime. I have never once sought to make someone else feel miserable after seeing one. If that is the man you want to be though, get on with your bad self. I just want to love my team. Hate me for it. I don't give a flying damn.
  15. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Active Member

559 Messages
    227 Likes Received

I would absolutely love to see holmgren as the head coach!!!
  16. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    You clearly don't know me. I don't start those threads. Why not keep it about the Cowboys and put me on Ignore?
  17. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    You reap what you sow.
  18. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Point it out or shut up.
  19. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Apparently it was. You swung and missed by a freaking mile. I'm not stupid enough to say the idiocy of fans is why the team loses. So where the hell did I blame the fans?

Exactly, I didn't.
  20. Hostile

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    A rolling stone gathers no moss.