1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are the benefits of this team going to the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by rockj7, Dec 12, 2013.

1. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

627 Messages
    237 Likes Received

Yeah. I hear ya. But these guys are living a dream. Most of us would die for that chance.....to play professional football.......

And. They are getting PAID.

Hell. I'm a 9-5 paycheck player. An office worker. And if i mess up, i hear about it!!!, It's the nature of today's existence.....

NFL. Not For Long . If you don't win!!!

Unless of course you own the team and you are in charge of hiring and firing yourself.
  2. SwensonDC

SwensonDC New Member

25 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    No, since you got fired as a mod (long overdue) you can't silence me. Nice try though.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I think the boys fans are both spoiled and rightfully ticked off with the current situation. We were spoiled by first the landry years then the Championships of the 90's. We were competitive, in the playoffs just about every year up until 2000. Only a couple of years here and there that we were not. 1966 thru 2000 we missed the playoffs, what, 6-8 times total? And we were in the hunt for the playoffs in several of the years we missed right till the last game.

Now look at how things have been since then. Since 2000 we have been in the playoffs 3 times. 13 years and only 3 appearences and one single win.

So older fans expect more and are rightfully ticked; and they are also spoiled.

And what makes it worse is when we get so close and miss it year after year. We have just missed the playoffs in 2005, 2008, 2011 and 2012. Getting so close and then getting the door slammed in our faces also ticks off fans.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,866 Messages
    2,644 Likes Received
    Interesting comment since you joined AFTER I stepped down. Way to confess that you are someone who got banned and created a new account. Volunteers aren't fired. Not surprised at the acrimony now that I know basically who and what you are.

Put me on Ignore. It won't hurt my feelings at all and it's long overdue.
  5. Hostile

118,866 Messages
    2,644 Likes Received
    So what you are saying is if you don't enjoy a movie that actor sucks and you never get over it. Good to know.
  6. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

627 Messages
    237 Likes Received

If I understand correctly.

I stop spending money to see that actor.....
  7. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

951 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    I would say we're far from spoiled. When you accept and make excuses for mediocrity, that's exactly what you get. The 90s were a LONG time ago, and ever since, we've been the very definition of mediocre. Expecting better than 8 and 8 every year is not spoiled.
  8. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,375 Messages
    978 Likes Received
    No benefits to making the playoffs at all.

I mean, okay, there IS the whole "shot at a Super Bowl win" thing, but that's not nearly as much fun as ripping on your favorite team on a message board.
  9. SwensonDC

SwensonDC New Member

25 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    You're well documented. I have never been banned.
  10. Hostile

118,866 Messages
    2,644 Likes Received
    So I goofed after "Joe vs. the Volcano" when I kept going to Tom Hanks movies?

Damn, I feel bad now.
  11. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

803 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    OK, I see, you don't get upset at losing a football game, but you get upset at people who get upset at losing football games.

And if Parcells wants to shed some tears, he should visit a VA hospital and cry for the guys who have lost arms, legs or even part of their brain in service of their country. Or visit a veterans grave and cry for someone who did something that really mattered and gave their all. None of those guys were paid a kings ransom for their sacrifice, in fact they were paid chicken feed and some, like my own father were spat on when they came back. So they can cry me a river, I'll save my tears for the real heroes.

And I haven't knocked your way of handling things, so no need to start with insults. And you won't see me knocking players. The only person I have tried to make feel miserable is Jerry Jones. I love my team too and I don't appreciate what he is doing to it. Hate me for it, I don't give a flying damn. If that is the man you want to be, go on with your bad self.
    Trajan and BoysFan4ever like this.
  12. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,427 Messages
    2,228 Likes Received
    Does the OP's question is even needed to be asked? It's the reason they play the game.
    5Stars likes this.
  13. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,062 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    I realize players are in constant pain & at physical risk.

That's why they make the big bucks.

That's why season tickets are thousands of dollars. I don't feel sorry for them. I certainly don't want anyone hurt either.
  14. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

803 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    Agreed, and I don't understand how expecting better play equates to not appreciating football or the men who play it. I doubt many of us would be here if we didn't have a long time love for football.

And I do feel sorry for some players, guys like Edwin Simmons, who got his knees blew out before he could ever make the big money. I saw the guy play high school ball, and he was as good as anyone, ever.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  15. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

979 Messages
    530 Likes Received
    Best reason to enter the playoffs at this point?

Making sure Philly is out.
    lane and pancakeman like this.
  16. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,064 Messages
    1,740 Likes Received
    No, instead you call them cowards.

Not classy.
  17. BoysFan4ever

6,062 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    I really liked your post about the soldiers who are not paid the big bucks & are the true heroes. Not football players making millions. But anyway.
  18. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,076 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    Does it make me less of a fan to say that we are not making the playoffs anyway so why argue about it?
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  19. BoysFan4ever

6,062 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    No!
  20. Hostile

118,866 Messages
    2,644 Likes Received
    Love this response. Love it I tell you.