1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are the deepest positions in the NFL draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Feb 10, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    After Decastro and Glenn go in the 1st round I would only feel comfortable with Brandon Washington: Miami (6-4, 320), Kelechi Osemele: Iowa State (6-6, 347), and Kevin Zeitler: Wisconsin (6-4, 315) penciled in as starters to begin next season. And all of them will more than likely go before we pick in the 3rd round. So to me the guard isnt all that deep. Unless we sign Grubbs/Nicks/Mathis I would absolutely have to draft a guard in the 1st 2 rounds.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I agree with this.

I say we go after Nicks with all we have. With everything I see UpShaw and Ingram will be gone by 14. If we can't trade back then DeCastro or Glenn or Jenkins at 14 will be fine with me. But if we can trade back and pick up an extra 2nd then do it and get Hightower.
    Then trade back with your first 2nd a few spots and pick up a extra 3rd.
    In the 2nd you can get Washington and then with the other 2nd you can get Boykin, Hosley, or Minnifind and you still have two 3rds left where you could find a Safety, Center, another OG or another CB.

Walking out the of day 2 with
    1st
    Hightower
    2nd round
    Hosley, Minnifield, or Boykin
    Washington
    3rd
    FS Iloka
    TE Green
    4th round
    Willias Bentley
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I would add Brandon Brooks (6'4, 353) and Senio Kelemete (6'3 297) to that list.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Combine can't get here soon enough.
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,041 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    And Amini Silatolu, Jeff Allen and Tom Compton as well. And Bunting and Vela loved Lucas Nix earlier in the year.
  7. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Joe Looney may end up sneaking into that area too even though CBS has him ranked as a 7th rounder.
  8. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ^^^^^^Edit: I just noticed that he tore ligaments in his foot at the Senior Bowl. That'll hurt his draft position.