1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are we doing?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by boardn10, Jan 18, 2013.

1. boardn10

boardn10 Member

36 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have no idea what Jerry Jones is doing. His recent moves make no sense! We need an offensive coordinator, we need a GM, Rob Ryna was one of the strengths of this team and an outstanding coach. What is going on!!!???

Can someone help me understand why we continue to go backwards. I do not see a winning season in our future for quite some time! :(
  2. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,001 Messages
    1,892 Likes Received
    Rob Ryna was going to take us to the Super Bowl! Wait, didn't he direct When Harry Met Sally?
  3. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,951 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Is there not an original thought out there... Prediction --This will not last long.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Not enough overall talent on the field. Another draft and health will help immensely.
  5. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    6-10
    8-8
    8-8

your definition of backwards sucks
  6. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Active Member

681 Messages
    127 Likes Received

I believe he is trying to put together a defensive philosphy that doesn't let the other team score when a defensive stop is needed. Healthy or not when has Ryan's or Wade's def got those stops to help the team win. Not many. As far as the offense; lets wait and see what happens. I'm not happy with Garrett either and game management at times but all I can do is wait. On another note I loved how the media gave Ryan all the kudos for getting the playoff "monkey" off his back last weekend...I don't remember the same sentiment for Romo when he beat Philly in 09...see no one will ever be happy:)
  7. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,215 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    was this a PIttman type try?
  8. bracey

bracey Active Member

964 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Amazing how quickly people will justify that anything the Cowboys do is right even though its been shown time and time again over the last 20 years that the man we have in charge doesn't have a clue what he's doing on the football side. If it wasn't for Parcells, we'd still be at 5-11 every year and we're falling back down to that again.
  9. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    That's a good reference.

I believe it was Pittman4Two or something like that.
    That guy was a riot.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,083 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    Equally amazing that everything they do is wrong in the eyes of the same posters who hate every move they make. They could hire Belichick and people would have an issue with something about it.
  11. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Jerry spent several years telling us JG was going to be bigger than sliced bread

His only hope is to prop him up and pray he can get it done.

This is beginning to look like too many chiefs...

Time will tell
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,083 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    It was just a matter of time. I predicted this tack was coming.

When Dick Vermeil got hired by the Rams, he went out and hired a slew of former failed NFL Head Coaches. Jim Hanifan, Frank Gansz, et al. Old guys.

I remember people mocking it. They didn't mock it for long.
  13. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    While I do agree with that partially..

I think if Bledsoe didn't stink it up so bad, Romo never would of had a shot IMO..

I think Dallas would still be in the basement, just would be with a different QB.

In other words, while I guess that Parcells guy had something to do with not being 5-11 that much.

Romo, as much as I don't want him as the Dallas QB any longer, did as well.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    Patience, Grasshopper.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,159 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    More like stuck in neutral ... which is worse than backwards. :(
  16. Eric_Boyer

4,639 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Agree we are spinning our wheels. disagree that it is worse then regressing.
  17. bracey

bracey Active Member

964 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    True, it happens on both the positive and negative side.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,159 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    Regressing will cause us to take a serious look at ourselves.

Neutral means we're believing that we're moving forward when we're not.
  19. bracey

bracey Active Member

964 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    You do have a point there, though I think we've seen a large part of the reason why Parcells was reluctant to go with Romo. He can struggle to read defenses and is prone to making mistakes under pressure. That said, he was still wrong. Romo, even with his flaws, was much better than Bledsoe. There was plenty of favoritism at play there.
  20. Eric_Boyer

4,639 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    I don't need to look inward. JJ does. no amount of losing will make him do that.

the best we can hope for is he will feign some great change long enough to get things pointed right again, but make no mistake, he will still want credit for it, and will again make changes to ensure he gets the credit.

so with that outlook, I'll take meaningful December football every time, even knowing it is hollow.