1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are we doing?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by boardn10, Jan 18, 2013.

1. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,571 Messages
    931 Likes Received
    Sadly there are some posters here that would.

He would be too old, too stuck in his ways, has nothing else to achieve, .. not the right fit for the NFC East, ... something.

I am not the biggest JG fan, but if we get a play-caller in here, .. I will be very pleased with the coaching changes that we have made.

I liked RR, but is it too much to ask for a defense that we have some confidence in?

A defense that when we punt the ball back to the other team late in a game with a lead, .. I sit up on the edge of my seat, confident that we will shut them down some how, .. instead of slouching back on my couch knowing that we will give up the winning score and lose.
  2. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Member

733 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    You forgot play calling.

"He went for it on 4th and 1 inside the 40?"
  4. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,605 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    True,

Unfortunately now. The Cowboys have put all of their eggs in one basket and have to go with Romo for a couple more years I think.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,275 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    Maaaan you Garrett lovers are delusional.
  6. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Says one of the crowd who were convinced Sean Payton was coming. I love irony.
  7. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,320 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    What are we doing? I don't know what does it look like? We are filling the coaching staff with good proven coaches. RR is a good coach, but with all the stories coming out about skipping meetings and his lack of really knowing what defense to call to wreck havoc on an offense and the fact that there seems to have been tension with other coaches it was the right thing to do. Also with the way the league is going it makes sense to go back to the 4-3 defense. I think that when all is said and done the coaching staff will be a solid unit that we haven't really seen in years. So sit back and see what happens.
  8. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,337 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    What are we doing? Pissing you and many others off. Love it!
  9. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,337 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Got a nice chuckle at that retort.
  10. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,668 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Why would we want Belichek? He has a worse record against the Giants than Garrett does. And when was the last time his team actually won a Super Bowl? Nine years ago? Shoot. What have you done for me lately? The guy's only won anything because he's had great coordinators, and happened to draft some dude named Brady. And everyone knows he's just doing what he learned from Parcells. He didn't come up with any of that stuff on his own.

Seriously, the only reason NE wins is because they're in a crappy division, which helps them get an inflated record, leading to home field advantage in the playoffs. And since they're a cold weather team, they have the advantage against all those Southern/Indoor teams. It's not because they're better. And what was up with that whole 4th and 2 thing against Indianapolis. Talk about terrible game management and critical decision making.

Heck no, wouldn't want any part of that guy!
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,275 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    Nah I was objective the entire time.

I bet you did.
  12. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,362 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett dreams about being Sean Payton when he grows up.
  13. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I wouldn't know, but thank you for the information. I'll file it under useless jealousy.
  14. TheFinisher

2,362 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    My fault, thought you would know that being you're his #1 fan.

Kudos on deflecting the point, but you can only talk in circles and avoid the truth for so long. Times up for Garrett and the spinsters, he's sitting on the hottest seat in the NFL and won't survive another letdown season.

Being that you like to bet, you can bet on that.
  15. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    It is the hottest seat in the NFL. I would never deny that. I ain't skeert. I leave that sissy stuff to the up in arms folks who fear everything every other team does, and pans our every move.
  16. bracey

bracey Active Member

931 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I haven't read most of the posts here lately, so this may have already been answered and I'm just wrong about the cap. But Romo takes up over $17M in cap space. And somewhere around $12M possibly under a new contract. Then I see Kyle Orton down at $3M. While Kyle Orton's not near as good as Romo, I'm not sure that Romo is really worth that much more cap space. Would it really be a bad idea to take this money and use it to invest in other areas of the team? It's certainly more risky.

There's no chance of this happening at all though.
  17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,296 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received

I love how the pro Garrett folks are all full of bravado talking up how great Garrett is going to be at some point in the future........................

then we go 8-8 every year.:rolleyes:
  18. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,352 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    wait. you think some childish comment about dreams was an actual point someone has to deflect? :laugh1:

I would take the Garrett bashers more seriously if they drooled less.
  19. TheFinisher

2,362 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    No, the point was comparing Sean Payton to Garrett is laughable.

I would take Garrett supporters more seriously if they weren't delusional.
  20. boardn10

boardn10 Member

36 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Are you really that ignorant? How about giving someone a chance, or should we just keep changing coaches every few years. Jason is a horrible coach. Rob was much better coach than JG and yet we fired him, LOL! what a joke this team is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was not one good reason to fire Ryan. His defense was one of the best in the NFl, when we were healthy and things went down hill from there. But, he did a great job considering he had to work with a skeleton crew.