1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are we getting at 18

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Macnalty, Feb 1, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,900 Messages
    3,045 Likes Received
    I haven't even looked at the board because it is going to change, I can't keep up with it anyway like some of you gurus, and I go by what is generally going to happen anyway. We're at the stepping stone area for upper echelon interior lineman, next tier OT and DTs and the other none upper 15 semi-blue chippers. Of course someone(s) will fall and rise so there's just no way to predict well.

If they can't get an OT in FA then they're going to have to look hard in the first round even if they have their eyes on someone in the 2-4 rounds. They need an interior lineman, a safety, a CB, a pass rusher (the latter two are nearly constants anyway), and a DL particularly a 1/3 technique as well.
  2. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,118 Messages
    1,377 Likes Received

Count me as one on the Sherrif Floyd Bandwagon. I've been talking about him for a while now. He is fast, has the intagibles you want, is aggressive and has great versatility. He played at DE in 2011 and DT in 2012. Very quick and goes full speed all the time.

Could play the 3 tech, 1 tech or even SDE on some downs ala red Bryant with Seattle. Kiffin and Marinelli could do a lot with him.

He just might make it to 18 and if he does, I hope we jump on him.
  3. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

941 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    For the 3 technique which is what we need for the dline I have him a tier lower than Sheldon Richardson/Star L, but his overall value is greater across the line. Not waffling but Richardson is a buzzsaw and unlike anything we have currently on the team. I do not like his off field side but this may be the year that Jason has to decide what is more important my philosophy or my hc job.
  4. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,434 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I'm big on any of these guys at 18:

DL Sheldon Richardson
    DL Sharrif Floyd
    OG Jonathan Cooper
  5. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,322 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I "second" the thought that this is a good thread and a good discussion.