1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are you expecting from the team coming off the bye week?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    With two weeks to work with, what are you expecting/hoping from the team on their return from bye week? Probably not a surprise fix to our many problems.

Hoping:

1. A few new plays inserted into the play list. I know we're restricted with our OL and receivers dropping the ball but to me everything seems so vanilla. If we're going to go out then let's do it in a blaze of Glory.

2. Like to see some new faces on the field, mostly receivers--Beasley,Harris, Holmes,Hanna,Phillips. Make players accountable for their mistakes and non productive ways no matter who it is. It may only take Dez and other non productive players a few minutes on the bench to realize that no longer is their half*** play going to be tolerated.

3. Like to see another, at least one, OL on the team for the 5th game. I just feel it's hard to find anyone out there better than what we have. That's hard to believe, but like many have said why haven't they been signed by another team if they are any good.

4. Try a few plays with two tight ends for run blocking, leaving Vickers on the bench.

I'm sure there are others hopes that could be listed but will leave that up to the Forum. What would you hope for?
  2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    I'm expecting the same team I saw before it. I hate to say that but that's just what I EXPECT at this point. I PRAY i'm proven wrong.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,286 Messages
    2,703 Likes Received
    I'm expecting to see them take on the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium at 1pm Eastern.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,453 Messages
    8,339 Likes Received
    A loss.

Seriously. After all the reasons you'll read on why we can win, including the Ravens' performance today, we'll lose that game.

I do think we'll keep it close though. I'd probably take the Cowboys and the points once the line is set.
  5. rocyaice

6,481 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    If its close then I can see a Cowboys victory. Ravens run defense or defense in general is nothing impressive. There's reason to be scared of Ngata in pass protection but Jamaal Charles had no problem carving up that defense when the defense KNEW he was going to run most of the day.
  6. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,660 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    What I'm expecting is for us to come out listless and lifeless and not do anything offensively until late in the 2nd quarter when we are down 10-0 like we always do under Garrett after a bye or a long week off. No I'm not being a downer that's just what I'm expecting. Cowboys please prove me wrong. I really would like to see me eat my words.
  7. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,718 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    A loss to be honest.
  8. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    The usual...
  9. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,869 Messages
    1,757 Likes Received
    A close, boring game that could go either way.
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not sure what to expect quite honestly. This team is so damn inconsistent. You don't know what you're gonna get from week to week. Hopefully they come out play with some passion and win this football game against the Ravens. Wouldn't surprise me if they did, but what about the week after?
  11. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,384 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    This team is average and will continue to be until Jerry lets it go and decides to focus only on the business side of this organization...something he is actually good at. Maybe he will be able to find an effective head coach along the way?

Until then there will be poor offensive line play, poor communication between Romo and his receivers, a defense that can't force turnovers, penalties and a thousand more threads about how Romo is the problem and we should tank the season and trust Jerry to find a replacement somewhere which is something he has previously proven to have trouble doing...:banghead:

Maybe I've become a pessimist watching this team but I'm tired of being crushed by lofty expectations that never come to pass.:(
  12. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I expect a hard fought game that will come down to a field goal
  13. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    yeah. hoping and expecting are two different things. i would have preferred for us to play at home after the bye. the ravens are going to hit us hard and see if we have the huevos to stand up to them. time to man up....
  14. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,819 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Some turnovers, some penalties and more frustration.
  15. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I expect a win every week
  16. rocyaice

6,481 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    Yea man.....there isn't a better time. You just saw the NFC East look very mediocre today. The division is out there just like last year.
  17. Dday22t

Dday22t Active Member

118 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    They need to win. After blowing up at home on a Monday night game they need to win a road game they are underdogs in to get any credibility and chance for a successful season back...
  18. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,275 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received

:laugh2:

That damn Jerry...how dare he do all those things on the field!
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,453 Messages
    8,339 Likes Received
    I'm going to guess the line will be set as Ravens -6.

I would take the Cowboys to cover but not win outright.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,286 Messages
    2,703 Likes Received
    Shocker.