1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are you expecting from the team coming off the bye week?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,810 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    Sigh ... such is the state of the team.

We have no plans of painting it red anytime soon.

We're staring at a white house.
  2. MrPhil

MrPhil Member

619 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Nothing. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

They have proven to be way too inconsistent for me to have any expectations. I will be watching, wearing my Cowboys stuff and cheering them on, but I have no expectations.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,810 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    My expectations is to expect what we've seen over the past three weeks.

Seattle showed the NFL the gameplan to stop the Cowboys O dead in it's tracks. It's pretty simple too. Seahawks, Bucs, and Bears did it with relative ease.

If the Bucs had half a QB, we'd be staring at 1-3.
  4. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Far be it from me to complain about the color of your house.
  5. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,633 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Nothing, but I hope they go back and look at the offensive game plan againt the Gmen and realize that is the only way they will ever score points and move the ball. Romo cannot be allowed to drop back more than 3 steps because on the fourth he is running for his life. Quick slants and outs, just keep the chains moving Garrett.
  6. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Ravens are not playing good, their D has regressed and their O trusts more Flacco than Rice (which is a huge mistake). We can beat them if they play like today.
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

10,723 Messages
    639 Likes Received

:hammer:

you are indeed a great poster.
  8. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,107 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    this is what i also expect see.i see a team that comes out flat. i also expect alot of sacks too that ends in a loss.
  9. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This teams seems to always do the unexpected, like lose when they should win and win when they should lose.

So I expect this team to blow out Baltimore and make their defense look pedestrian.

When it happens, this board will turn on a dime, the Chicago loss will be forgotten and just about everyone will be discussing Super Bowl.
  10. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Like Seattle earlier this year. 11-12 days to prepare and then we laid an egg.
  11. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,419 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Similar thing we saw in Seattle. Defense playing well for 2 quarters then run out of gas because the offense can't get anything going. And then Ray Rice running all over them in the 4th quarter.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,607 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    To me it is a sign of an outmatched coaching staff when you play poorly after a bye.

IT was noticeable that we had 11 days to prepare for the Seahawks and then stank it up.

I really hope this time its different but hope is slowly disapearing
  13. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    This is the same offense Ed Reed called predictable in 2008. Enough said
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    no embarrassing loss this week. cowboys only do that in front of large primetime audiences. this being an under-the-radar 1pm kickoff makes me think this will be a hard fought game.
  15. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,419 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received

Did you forget about the Seattle game?
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,733 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    1. Flat. No sense of tempo or urgency.
    2. Players will most likely revert to penalties and silly ST mistakes.
    3. Gameplan will be meticulously planned but thrown out the window when panic mode starts at 11:43 in the 2nd Qrt.
    4. GM and Front Office leadership will be doing extra TV camos & Ford truck commercials during bye week.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    an embarrassing loss to me is when we have the game won and then commit some cataclysmal error at the end to give away the victory. think jets, lions, first giants game last season. cardinals, steelers, redskins games the past few years. seattle just beat our ***.
  18. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,786 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    If Cruz catches those passes from Manning, we might be 0-4.
  19. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,924 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    I appreciate an eye to the optimisms in life. They speak well for what one says as well as for yourself...

Myself, I was a Soldier. I had to take the indicators as it affected the morale of those about me, and based upon a complete chance of total and final victory or failure. I had to live with this, and as such, my views are pointed towards ultimate and complete indicators that affect the here and now...as well as the current fight being waged.

The players themselves, show that they are taking to heart, their play and commitments. The staff isn't complacent or continually buying stuff for stocking a cool aide stand.

My vantage as a fan, doesn't have the luxury of a Jerry Jones, or even an arrogant antagonist that puts more real stock into a long termed point of comparison. I acknowledge the existence and the relevance of comparing directional indicators and points of fact, both in a positive and negative vain.

To succeed, the worst case scenario has to be survived as much as the strongest and mission supporting aspects as well.

On a current and overall basis, and with that eye of a Soldier, I present the following as well:

The loss to the Ravens in the final game at Texas Stadium.

The seven straight losses on Sunday night.

Now having lost five of their last eight home games on Monday Night Football.

The strength of this team was supposed to be the quality of the offensive side of the ball. And no one wants to hear a single word about the missing defensive starters from the recent losses.

After an initial 11 yard run on his first carry, DeMarco Murray ran 10 times for 13 yards.

Dez Bryant had his two worst games in the NFL over the course of three weeks in his third season. That is inexcusable.

This should have been his biggest breakout game. The one we've all been waiting for. The Cowboys gave Dez the chance. It should have been 12 catches for 180 yards. Instead, two bad drops and a ridiculous penalty. That is without mentioning running the incorrect route which led directly to a pick-six.

but...

There are 10 teams at 2-2 through week 4. This includes both Green Bay and New England, who many consider Super Bowl contenders. (Green Bay has yet another loss now)

There is a whole lot of football left to be played.

There are a few things that this team, here and now must come to terms with...and that is their recent lack of fortitude to stand the heat of a real confrontation for pure pride.

One can picture a period in the past, and even recall an 'Ice Bowl' with all of the human dignity and challenge met head on. But that isn't what strikes recent memory when a fan recalls the path of the currently assembled roster in front of him.

A fan, even bleeding silver and blue, will accept diminished rations in the real word, that puts less on his on table for his family to share. But ask him to shoulder a fantasy Camelott of make believe achievement in a sport, and you have entered a dangerous arena that most won't compromise. For it involves their own deep set love and reward for pure achievements.

The overall record for the Cowboys before a bye week, is 18-6 following the Chicago game.

The overall record for the Cowboys immediately following a bye week, is 16-7.

But this game involves a foe, the Ravens, who handed them great indignity in the Cowboys' recent past. They know from a position of dominance, they can do it.

The stage is again set, and this well may be that point of progressions, that destiny awaits the outcome of which. I'll save a discussion on the element of destiny, for another time.

But in any athletic competition, to overcome defeat, there has to be an improvment upon execution. With an added week, Bill Callahan may be able to readdress team needed technique and improve upon a team centered execution of blocking schemes and team knowledge. That is very critical for offensive success. There is some talent in the offensive line, even if not all approaching the dynamics of a Pro Bowl laden squad.

There are ways to improve in the offensive productions as well. (1) Get the ball to Dez deep. (2) Use more play-action. (3) Run the ball more on third downs.

But to do that AND confront a demon, such as the Baltimore Ravens, the team has to grasp the challenge of opportunity, self-confidence, and yea, destiny.

Whether one sees it or not, the challenge has a trigger point for successes, and if one isn't diligent, then he doesn't pull the trigger when the prey is in his sights. But in football, fans will lose at least temporary faith in the product, no matter how many mugs of free beer are offered in consoling.

This is a year by year sport, so here we go...but this fan was a soldier, and ready for the challenge. Yes, the challenge is still there, and yes, for this team.

I'm looking for a hard game from the Cowboys, and for them to outscore the Ravens. The Cowboys' team was built to be able to do just that. Even if they have mixed reviews early on.
  20. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,786 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Great post CC, but I have seen this team come up small time after time. We make the worst teams look like the 85 bears and, sorry to say, I think a team like Baltimore can make us look really bad, especially in there house. I have no faith in this team.